Search found 4393 matches

by jasons2k
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:14 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

At least it is going into an area that needs rain instead of Louisiana again! This is true. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we'll be on the east/dirty side of the trough and get left with scraps, if that. We've got to be the only place in the basin where this happens. There is alway...
by jasons2k
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:24 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

Wow. Jilted again. My long advertised 70% chance of rain for today just got whacked down to only 30%!! There is a good chance my only rain from this system came on Wednesday. Another colossal bust. Looks like I’ll be watering this weekend again. SMH. I thought we were better than this in 2022. :evil...
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:03 pm
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

This system is still very disorganized. Not stacked at all. I see a LLC south of Lake Charles and a mid-level center further offshore south of Vermilion Bay. Both don’t have much convection to speak of.
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:44 pm
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

Alright, time to get more serious. The drama was fun while it lasted, at least for me - haha. 98L will come-in just south of Corpus. It remains to be seen how far north/inland the rain shield and attendant feeder bands will push on Sat and Sun. Herzog has 40% chances of rain for Houston tomorrow and...
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:45 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

This system is tightening up....we may see some bands forming. The clouds outside going NE look like a band trying to slowly setup now.
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

When you read the SCW blog they completely ignore that today was supposed to be a big rainmaker. They just pretend it wasn't so and move right on to the next. Pretty typical. I enjoy their forecast but they sorta roll with the punches and rarely go back and explain why their forecast changes drasti...
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:10 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

Been hearing loud thunder all night and again this morning from the cells that have stayed just north of me so far. I’ve been watching it all morning. Man you just can’t catch a break. Hopefully, today-tomorrow, finally you will get something. Not looking good. Everything is well to the south and o...
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:29 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

Cromagnum wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:34 am
Been hearing loud thunder all night and again this morning from the cells that have stayed just north of me so far.
I’ve been watching it all morning. Man you just can’t catch a break. Hopefully, today-tomorrow, finally you will get something.
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:08 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

Update from Jeff Lindner: Trough axis and mid level low pressure system over the northern Gulf of Mexico will drift westward over the weekend and into the lower TX coast. Satellite images, coastal radars, and offshore buoys/oil platforms indicate an elongated trough axis that extends off the coast o...
by jasons2k
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:52 am
Forum: Weather Forum
Topic: August 2022
Replies: 419
Views: 10718

Re: August 2022

When you read the SCW blog they completely ignore that today was supposed to be a big rainmaker. They just pretend it wasn't so and move right on to the next.