JUNE 2015 -Scattered Showers/Storms To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
MRG93415

I work in Downtown Houston and we just got an email telling us they are monitoring it and will tell us by 6:15 AM TOMORROW morning...LOL
ticka1

It is what it is - will just have to deal with things in the morning. There are so many forecasts going around that Workplaces are having a hard time making a decision. AKA landfall corpus and west of there - landfall matagorda bay but as tropical disturbance. Rain 2-3 inches to 10-12 inches. Everyone has a different forecast until the NHC calls this storm and puts out their forecast.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Portastorm wrote:NHC just tweeted no advisories at 4 p.m. our time. Next aircraft in system at 8 p.m.

Sigh. Well, I hope this does not blow up in their face. Seriously. I respect the NHC to the fullest, but are they seeing something we are not?
unome

quick poll - did everyone know we are in a Level 2 - High Readiness alert level ?

http://www.readyharris.org/go/doc/1829/1422663/
Last edited by unome on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The NHC will be issuing an advisory at 5PM. From the NHC website.
Attachments
NHC.jpg
ticka1

With the NHC not calling this a TD or TS - hopefully the NWS will step up and issue as many warnings as they can to get people informed and keep them safe.
rnmm

Katdaddy wrote:The NHC will be issuing an advisory at 5PM. From the NHC website.

That says they will NOT be issuing advisories at 5PM
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
bbadon

Incredible they are not upgrading this.
Scott747

Recon should be leaving within the hour and we should know something around 6ish...
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ticka,

I am not sure HGX can without the NHC approval. I think they work in tandem. Again, Srain, Brooks, Jeff, Andrew can elaborate more on this issue, but I was led to believe they cannot ( or maybe is is the SPC)..
dac

One storm chaser down in Galveston:

https://tvnweather.com/live
ticka1

Well saw wind advisory posted - if it starts raining they can issue FFWatch (which they have) and FFWarning. The only thing they can't forecast is TD/TS warnings. They can also, alert to high tides too. Just my thoughts I could be 110% wrong.
Last edited by ticka1 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

No, you could be right too. I thought you were speaking of the TD?TS warnings. The FFW are totally their target.
brooksgarner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

tireman4 wrote:Ticka,

I am not sure HGX can without the NHC approval. I think they work in tandem. Again, Srain, Brooks, Jeff, Andrew can elaborate more on this issue, but I was led to believe they cannot ( or maybe is is the SPC)..
Yes, NWS HGX can not issue their own tropical watches/warnings... They can issue every other type of warning to cover the threats. (Gale warning/wind advisory/flash flood/etc.)
Broadcast Met
http://BrooksGarner.com
http://twitter.com/BrooksWeather
  • '17 Harvey
  • '12 Sandy (P3 Orion)
  • '91 Bob
  • '85 Gloria
mckinne63

I spoke with my boss this morning, while our company <major corporation> won't close, we are all keeping an eye on the weather. My immediate bosses all say "safety" first. I can work from home as I have a laptop.

Our building <Galleria area> has closed one of the main gates and is sand bagging today. The garage elevators are still out of service after the Memorial Day event.

My plan is to get up in the morning as usual, shower, get dressed and turn on the TV. That is what I did after the Memorial Day event, quickly decided it was best to stay home.
jabcwb2

mckinne63 wrote:I spoke with my boss this morning, while our company <major corporation> won't close, we are all keeping an eye on the weather. My immediate bosses all say "safety" first. I can work from home as I have a laptop.

Our building <Galleria area> has closed one of the main gates and is sand bagging today. The garage elevators are still out of service after the Memorial Day event.

My plan is to get up in the morning as usual, shower, get dressed and turn on the TV. That is what I did after the Memorial Day event, quickly decided it was best to stay home.

LOL!!! I just got that same email!!!
Scott747

Recon is up.
maroondreams

My office is waiting to see what HISD does. They base their action on them. If they're closed we're closed but, we don't even know if that will be the case I mean. I have no kids is summer school even in session. Either way I think I'll base my decision on morning news I see just like everyone else. My fear is that I drive in and get STUCK at work. Bah Humbug on all that.

Thanks guys for posting all the latest and greatest updates here. Helps TONS. I call you guys my weather "whispers" to my friends and family when I tell them what's going on. LOL :lol:
texasrattler
Location: Richmond, Fort Bend County (Grand Parkway & Mason Road)

AF304 Mission #03 is on their way. Check their progress at:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/recon/
mckinne63

jabcwb2 wrote:
mckinne63 wrote:I spoke with my boss this morning, while our company <major corporation> won't close, we are all keeping an eye on the weather. My immediate bosses all say "safety" first. I can work from home as I have a laptop.

LOL!!! I just got that same email!!!
Do you work in the Galleria area also?
  • Information