JUNE 2015 -Scattered Showers/Storms To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
ticka1

i am sure all everyone is tired from watching and preparing for this system. I know i am ready for partly cloudy skies and complaining about the heat! It is early to bed tonight heading to work tomorrow!
Paul Robison

Cromagnum wrote:Rain may not be heavy here in most of Houston, but Bill has some explosive thunderstorm activity right now. Look how cold the cloud tops are right now. Probably massive rain underneath the core at the moment.
Would like a graphic, please.
Last edited by Paul Robison on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Robison

nuby3 wrote:
Paul Robison wrote:
nuby3 wrote:appears to be back on N - NNW heading again. rain doesn't seem to be very heavy with this thing. It's amazing

Is what he just said good or bad, srainhoutex?
well, it means the rain with this storm isn't very heavy, which is good. the fact that it is on a n-nnw heading is merely an observation and is not necessarily good or bad

Now, about those winds.....

Off topic and just for fun: Want to see something I rescued from the floodwaters on Memorial Day? Here's the link:

http://forums.khou.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mod ... =-1&p=2766
Last edited by Paul Robison on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuby3

Cromagnum wrote:Rain may not be heavy here in most of Houston, but Bill has some explosive thunderstorm activity right now. Look how cold the cloud tops are right now. Probably massive rain underneath the core at the moment.
looks like it's coming down about an inch per hour
Paul Robison

nuby3 wrote:
looks like it's coming down about an inch per hour

It is.
JasonFontaine

For every Bill....there are many, we always an IKE...I've seen, on social media, lots of negative comments. Nobody got this storm wrong. It does what they do...an unpredictable act of nature. I wanted to thank all the participants on here...I will be here for the next one.
Paul Robison

JasonFontaine wrote:For every Bill....there are many, we always an IKE...I've seen, on social media, lots of negative comments. Nobody got this storm wrong. It does what they do...an unpredictable act of nature. I wanted to thank all the participants on here...I will be here for the next one.

Forecasting the weather is an inexact science no matter if we're talking low pressure disturbance or high pressure ridge. No storm is predictable.
nuby3

its not over either
Baseballdude2915

This is FAR from over.

Serious feeder bands offshore and wherever one sets up (and stalls) could receive upwards of 10" of rain over several hours.
Hopefully the tail end falls apart, but these systems are known to drop a surprise or two on their way out.
Paul Robison

Baseballdude2915 wrote:This is FAR from over.

Serious feeder bands offshore and wherever one sets up (and stalls) could receive upwards of 10" of rain over several hours.
Hopefully the tail end falls apart, but these systems are known to drop a surprise or two on their way out.
Except for an arm of the storm that's extending all the way into Corpus, I'd say the tail end is losing its punch. That's to be expected with loss of daytime heating.
  • Information