JUNE 2015 -Scattered Showers/Storms To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Paul Robison

srainhoutx wrote:Keeping an eye on the heavy training convective complex along the Middle Texas Coast. The feeder band is slowly shifting E from our Western zones toward Western Harris and Fort Bend Counties. The winds have increased significantly the past hour or so in NW Harris County. Gusting above 30 MPH. The Weather Prediction Center is suggesting an additional 2-5 inches of rainfall may be possible today across areas W of the I-45 Corridor. A Moderate Risk for Excessive Rainfall has been outlined basically W of I-45 with a High Risk for the Dallas area. A Slight Risk for Excessive Rainfall continues along and East of I-45. A Tornado Watch continues for Harris, Ft Bend, Brazoria, Montgomery, Walker Counties on to the West. The Brazos River Valley has been pummeled overnight with very heavy rainfall. Flash Flood Warnings continue for the Counties along that River. Very heavy thunderstorms are beginning to move inland in Matagorda County. Could be a rough morning commute. Also appears a meso low has developed near Victoria generally moving NE toward Metro Houston. A new feeder band is setting up across West Galveston Bay. That one will also need to be monitored this morning as well.

Looking ahead for the remainder of the week, the various computer schemes suggest an unsettled pattern will remain in place with a pesky shear axis and weakness continuing between the upper ridge to our East and additional mid/upper level moisture associated with Carlos being pulled NE across Mexico and Texas. Long fetch deep tropical moisture looks to continue streaming N along the Western periphery of the upper ridge across the SE United States. We may see a drying trend by early next week, but there are some indications additional moisture from the Western Caribbean may continue streaming into the Western Gulf and embedded shortwave disturbances move across the Central Plains bringing additional daytime showers and storms to our Region.

Sounds like life as usual to me.
nuby3

BlueJay wrote:
nuby3 wrote:upgraded again from 80 percent chance of heavy rain to 100% chance for tonight in the woodlands.. interesting
Interesting. i thought that David Paul's 5:00 pm forecast maps showed us to be pretty dry tonight...
We will see.
pops went back down to 50% for woodlands
Paul Robison

Oh, I forgot to ask you what the indications you refer to are in your previous post, Srainhoutex. Could you please share that with me?
davidiowx

Paul Robison wrote:Oh, I forgot to ask you what the indications you refer to are in your previous post, Srainhoutex. Could you please share that with me?
You are talking about a post that was made like 15+ hours ago. Why would you even ask about it now? In case you didn't know, a lot has changed since then. :idea:
Paul Robison

davidiowx wrote:
Paul Robison wrote:Oh, I forgot to ask you what the indications you refer to are in your previous post, Srainhoutex. Could you please share that with me?
You are talking about a post that was made like 15+ hours ago. Why would you even ask about it now? In case you didn't know, a lot has changed since then. :idea:
Disregard previous post.
Baseballdude2915

Radar returns are dying by the hour, looks like we are done with the effects of Bill.
GFS shows a shower or two over the next few days then normal high and dry pattern resumes.
Should finally go back to regularly scheduled programming, but glad to see this board lively during an event like Bill.
Paul Robison

Baseballdude2915 wrote:Radar returns are dying by the hour, looks like we are done with the effects of Bill.
GFS shows a shower or two over the next few days then normal high and dry pattern resumes.
Should finally go back to regularly scheduled programming, but glad to see this board lively during an event like Bill.

Y'all did a splendid job. If only New Orleans had had a board like this one when Katrina hit them.....
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

A beautiful calm radar across Houston metro.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 11.13.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 11.13.43 PM.png (112.65 KiB) Viewed 4872 times
djjordan

Sorry but nothing quiet about the radar here at my location..... Flash flood warning just issued
Montgomery, Tx
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
nuby3

FLASH FLOOD WARNING Montgomery. pouring at my house
  • Information