Update: KHOU Weather Forum IS Back..for now

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I vote for a forum too.
Texaspirate11

PLEASE keep this forum open - I reach alot of people with disabilities when the weather gets bad
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
Electric Lizard

I agree with most above - a forum structure is the only way I can think of to keep track of the various threads when the news is coming fast. I would definitely contribute. On the other thread on this subject, Andrew suggests that maintaining such a forum could cost $100-200 per month. If that's the case, I'm in for $200 if, in the future, "October" (my favorite month, weather wise) is referred to as "Electric Lizard's October".
mckinne63

My vote goes for a forum. Social media can be a mess to handle and to follow, especially facebook. With Facebook, you would probably have to worry about drive bys causing problems.

Is there a reason we can't stay here? I understand if you can't say. Y'all have been so helpful informing the Houston community what is going on with the weather. And including our neighbors in other parts of Texas.
davidiowx

As stated in the other thread.. NO to facebook!! What a mess that would be.. I will be happy to contribute to help keep this place up and running. This is one of the only 2 weather forums I look at every single day that isn't bombarded with trolls and spam. PLEASE don't let this go away!!
Stormrider

I would like to see the Forum continue. I wish that we could convince the powers that be how vital this Forum is in disseminating weather and preparedness information. I'm not in favor of a move to social media.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I would be happy to contribute as well.
nlosrgr8

I have to say I haven’t checked this site lately as the weather has been rather uneventful. However, this has been my source of expert information for many many years, and while I offer nothing in the way of any sort of weather knowledge, I often send friends a link if they want the best information during precarious weather. I remember feeling lost when WWL lost their forum, and now there is a danger of this forum being dismantled. Please, I implore you to find a way to communicate with the concerned folks out there who read the forum in silence. The expertise found here is very valuable, why, I remember boasting to friends that I had known who Jeff Linder I was, before he became famous! :)

Please try to keep a forum, if not, I guess a closed FB page might work. But I’m no expert. Please keep,us informed!
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
Anthony J. D'Angelo
Rip76

Any idea on what will happen as of yet?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rip76 wrote:Any idea on what will happen as of yet?
Keep watching closely for new information. A tremendous amount of work has been accomplished behind the scenes and we hope to a some news in the next week or so. Stay Tuned!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Rip76

in.
DavidH

Thanks for the effort that’s going in to keeping this forum going (in whatever format). I’ve lurked for a coupla years & really value the info that’s presented here & would hate to see it “go away”.
  • Information