How Should We Proceed?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
DoctorMu

Thanks to all the champions and volunteers.

Seriously, KHOU can't afford $100-200/mo?

I look forward to a potential solution. All the best!
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

To provide an update for everyone, I was able to (for the most part) successfully transfer the forums to a new server with all the post data backed up. Currently, attachments are not displaying correctly and that is something I am trying to investigate further, but everything else is there. The next step in the process is to switch to a new platform and try to transfer as much data as we can. This will not only make it easier and more secure for all of us here currently using it, but I hope it also encourages new faces to sign up and use it. I'm also in the process of getting a SSL certificate so we can have that added layer of security too. Overall, the new setup is looking promising and the goal is to have a final solution for this forum that can continue to grow for many years without any interruption. The timeline is to have everything ready to go in the next couple of weeks so we can provide plenty of notice on here and on social media to make the transfer to the new site.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
jcarr
Site Admin
Site Admin

nlosrgr8 wrote:I have a selfish question. How will we know how to locate whatever platform you guys chose? I afraid of losing my connection to this valuable source of info. BTWI would donate just like I do to Wikipedia every year..
There will be updates, but make sure your account has your correct/current email address.
davidiowx

I’m so happy to hear this is progressing onto a new platform! My email is updated and even though I’m not logged in every time I visit the forum, I’m checking in many times a day! Thanks all for making this happen!!
  • Information