December 2018: Sunshine Returns New Years Eve

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tornado Watch hoisted for San Antonio and Austin in S Central Texas. Sure looks like a long night ahead.
Attachments
DvYXVENW0AQfF7O.jpg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
MontgomeryCoWx

Andrew wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:05 pm Just an FYI the ECMWF is sniffing some of that colder air towards the January 2-3rd time frame. It currently shows some mix precipitation over Central Texas into Southeast Texas. Something to keep an eye on.
Of course, I’ll be in florida. It will probably dump ice and snow here when I’m gone. :lol: :roll:
Team #NeverSummer
davidiowx

We lost power about 10 min ago.. according to centerpoint should be on around 8:30. The wind (a few trees in the way) has to be the culprit
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winds have been near tropical storm force at times today across our Region. It has certainly created problems for air travel throughout the afternoon and I saw a report of a couple of injuries on a flight inbound to Austin earlier this evening. That squall line to our West means business this evening. The dynamics associated with this potent Winter Storm are impressive. Stay weather aware tonight folks.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Cpv17

srainhoutx wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:05 pm Winds have been near tropical storm force at times today across our Region. It has certainly created problems for air travel throughout the afternoon and I saw a report of a couple of injuries on a flight inbound to Austin earlier this evening. That squall line to our West means business this evening. The dynamics associated with this potent Winter Storm are impressive. Stay weather aware tonight folks.
Dew points are crazy high for late December. The atmosphere is like a loaded gun tonight.
unome

Reed Timmer is heading further south in TX https://twitter.com/ReedTimmerAccu

a busy #txwx hashtag tonight https://twitter.com/hashtag/txwx?f=twee ... t&src=hash

a great big hat tip to the hard working employees keeping everyone safely warned at NWS, WPC, SPC, etc... they deserve double pay imo
Ounce

unome wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:56 pm Reed Timmer is heading further south in TX https://twitter.com/ReedTimmerAccu

a busy #txwx hashtag tonight https://twitter.com/hashtag/txwx?f=twee ... t&src=hash

a great big hat tip to the hard working employees keeping everyone safely warned at NWS, WPC, SPC, etc... they deserve double pay imo
Are they part of the partial shutdown? I know they'll keep working, regardless of payment.
MontgomeryCoWx

We are at 1.48 inches already in Montgomery County under scattered showers today with many lined up to come over the next two hours. Main event will probably push us over 3 inches, maybe 4.
Team #NeverSummer
wxdude

srainhoutx wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:05 pm Winds have been near tropical storm force at times today across our Region. It has certainly created problems for air travel throughout the afternoon and I saw a report of a couple of injuries on a flight inbound to Austin earlier this evening. That squall line to our West means business this evening. The dynamics associated with this potent Winter Storm are impressive. Stay weather aware tonight folks.
Had power outages in our neighborhood due to the winds. They were howling today.
Cromagnum

Doesn't look like we are concerned with any discreet cells in our neck of the woods, just a squall line.
  • Information