Security Error

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey everyone,

Earlier today our SSL certificate expired and you may have been warned your connection was not secure. I apologize for this error because I thought the certificate expired tomorrow instead of today. To give some background, this certificate provides a secure connection between our server and your internet connection. This does not mean you are being attacked when the certificate isn't valid, but just adds an extra layer of protection from anyone else looking in on the data being transferred. This has been fixed now and you will notice the padlock is once again valid in your URL bar. Once again I apologize for the error on my part and thank you for your patience. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns and thank you all for being so active on the site. We truly have a special place to talk about the local and national weather!
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also just an FYI the clock for the forum should be updated too. Time on here will actually reflect the current time and not ~15min off.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
BlueJay

Thanks for this information, Andrew!
  • Information