January 2020: Unsettled WX Week Ahead

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:57 pm The radar is starting to go bonkers west of San Antonio.
It is very stormy to our West. Fingers crossed the cap holds for most in SE Texas overnight.
Attachments
EN9eoQmWsAEIVqy.png
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
redneckweather

Seantx81 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm Sometimes you just have to throw the models out and go with your feelings. The amount of surface winds, moisture surging in off the gulf, and energy in the air tells me that someone in the Southeast Texas area is going to have a rough night. It’s just got that feeling outside

I'm thinking the exact opposite. Cloudy all day, kinda cool, strong south wind and misting off and on. We have had no surface heating today.
texoz

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:57 pm The radar is starting to go bonkers west of San Antonio.
Yep. Crazy looking cell sw of SA that's moving very fast.
Texaspirate11

Seantx81 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:33 pm Sometimes you just have to throw the models out and go with your feelings. The amount of surface winds, moisture surging in off the gulf, and energy in the air tells me that someone in the Southeast Texas area is going to have a rough night. It’s just got that feeling outside
Agree been seeing this all last night and today in Galveston.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
MontgomeryCoWx

redneckweather wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:48 pm

I'm thinking the exact opposite. Cloudy all day, kinda cool, strong south wind and misting off and on. We have had no surface heating today.
In the Summer and Late Spring I’d agree. Not during Winter with this set up.
Team #NeverSummer
sau27

Thinking we may end up getting cold-pooled here. Seems like the line is moving a bit slower than anticipated.
Cromagnum

sau27 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 pm Thinking we may end up getting cold-pooled here. Seems like the line is moving a bit slower than anticipated.
A lot slower. No way it gets here by 1 AM
Cpv17

The line is beginning to weaken a bit just like the models indicated it would do just to the east of San Antonio.
Cpv17

Cromagnum wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:27 pm
sau27 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 pm Thinking we may end up getting cold-pooled here. Seems like the line is moving a bit slower than anticipated.
A lot slower. No way it gets here by 1 AM
1 AM? The line was supposed to be into the Gulf and LA by that time.
don

There looks to be a bowing segment forming east of San Antonio riding along I-10, theirs currently a severe thunderstorm and tornado warning for the cell.We'll have to see if it stays organize as it pushes towards southeast Texas in the next few hours.
  • Information