August 2020:

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
AtascocitaWX

biggerbyte wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:57 pm According to radar returns Laura is still very much wobbling. She will travel wnw for a bit, and then nw. At the moment I'm seeing another wnw movement. If this storm does not make that turn soon to remove most of any westerly component areas between Galveston and the border need to pay close attention, as does all of us that might receive any effects from Laura.
Yes I definitely see a WNW move now
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I am with Katdaddy ..my old dear friend, if she dioes make the pronounced northern turn by 6 pm, my eyebrows start to rise, to quote Srain
Snakeswx

I still see the eye tightening up
Cromagnum

That rain band coming in looks nasty. That north turn better hurry the hell up.

Last edited by Cromagnum on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DoctorMu

No visibility on I-10 trying to leave Lake Charles. Outer bands are ashore.

https://i.imgur.com/bF1bVa6.gif
DoctorMu

Cromagnum wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:11 pm That rain band coming in looks nasty. That north turn better hurry the hell up.

Laura's bombing out before our eyes.
Rip76

Man if Laura follows the expected path, this with be the only thing this year that is un-2020.
AtascocitaWX

I just went outside here in Atascocita to bring in Patio chairs and it seem very still and quiet and eerie , no birds and my neighbors dog did not even bark or come out his house. He normally comes running and barking at the gate.
djjordan

AtascocitaWX wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:27 pm I just went outside here in Atascocita to bring in Patio chairs and it seem very still and quiet and eerie , no birds and my neighbors dog did not even bark or come out his house. He normally comes running and barking at the gate.
Nature knows!!! I noticed the same thing when i went outside earlier.
~~~When Thunder Roars Go Indoors~~~
~~~Turn Around Don't Drown~~~
~~~Run From The Water, Hide From The Wind~~~
rselby0654

AtascocitaWX wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:27 pm I just went outside here in Atascocita to bring in Patio chairs and it seem very still and quiet and eerie , no birds and my neighbors dog did not even bark or come out his house. He normally comes running and barking at the gate.
Animals have a sixth sense. Maybe Laura will come much closer to Houston than forecasted. Definitely need to be prepared.
  • Information