November 2020

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 3433
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by jasons2k » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:16 pm

Emptied 2.41" from the cylinder rain bucket. 55 degrees right now with a chilly north wind. Good fireplace and soup weather. Tomorrow the freeze cloths will have to make their first appearance for the season.

User avatar
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 19398
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:32 pm
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by srainhoutx » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Enjoy the chilly weather! We just had our first Winter Storm Watch issued for tomorrow into Tuesday here in the Smoky Mountains.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity

User avatar
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 2329
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:18 am
Location: League City, Tx
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by Katdaddy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Stay warm up there Srain and enjoy the snow for us in SE TX!

Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3272
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:46 pm
Location: North-West Houston
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by Andrew » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:52 pm

ECMWF still shows a low of 31 Tuesday morning across the Houston region. The GFS is about 10 degrees warmer, but looking at some skew-T's the environment looks prime for radiative cooling. Light winds and clear skies are going to allow for temps to drop pretty quickly. Dewpoints will probably hover around the 32-degree mark so it will be close. I suspect for the immediate Houston Metro 34-36 looks likely while those outside the city and further north will flirt with freezing temps.

Since others are posting, I got about 4.5-5 inches of rain up here on 610 North Loop. Exactly what we needed after very little rain for the last month.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:27 pm

jasons2k wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Emptied 2.41" from the cylinder rain bucket. 55 degrees right now with a chilly north wind. Good fireplace and soup weather. Tomorrow the freeze cloths will have to make their first appearance for the season.
A pot of chicken and andouille sausage gumbo is ready. 8-)

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Andrew wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:52 pm
ECMWF still shows a low of 31 Tuesday morning across the Houston region. The GFS is about 10 degrees warmer, but looking at some skew-T's the environment looks prime for radiative cooling. Light winds and clear skies are going to allow for temps to drop pretty quickly. Dewpoints will probably hover around the 32-degree mark so it will be close. I suspect for the immediate Houston Metro 34-36 looks likely while those outside the city and further north will flirt with freezing temps.

Since others are posting, I got about 4.5-5 inches of rain up here on 610 North Loop. Exactly what we needed after very little rain for the last month.
Conroe and College Station should be in the 26°-31°F range tomorrow night. Coldest night since October (29th). lol

User avatar
jasons2k
Posts: 3433
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: Imperial Oaks
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by jasons2k » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:21 am

I am under a freeze warning with a forecast low of 28. Wow. Yep, I’ll be busy later today it seems.

BlueJay
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am
Location: Alden Bridge-The Woodlands, Texas
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by BlueJay » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am

The official end of the 2020 hurricane season.
YAY!

User avatar
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: Katy, TX (I-10 & 99)
Contact:

Re: November 2020

Post by Belmer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:04 pm

BlueJay wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:23 am
The official end of the 2020 hurricane season.
YAY!
Good riddance to it. However, there were several unique storms this year. This should keep those on the research side busy for years to come.

Now with Hanna and Beta making landfall along the TX coast, I'm expecting some snow this winter.... ;)


128903460_728717751085919_7525798008487691434_n.jpg

128919283_728717774419250_7976791691848321366_n.jpg

128849686_728717831085911_3375003482175264838_o.jpg
Blake
Boomer Sooner

Post Reply