January 2021

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
redneckweather

CMC is money for Southeast Texas and surrounding areas.
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:14 am
TexasBreeze wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:40 pm Well back to the drawing board - re: gfs 0z
The CMC has it now. Euro up next. I think by Wednesday we’ll know a lot more.
GEM bringing it hard with the Euro.

Canadian has 2 low to mid teen nights after the winter storm. This could be an interesting next few days.
Attachments
GEM.snow..jpg
redneckweather

CMC and GFS keep the frozen stuff well north of Southeast Texas around the 10th. That looks more plausible.
Kingwood36

redneckweather wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:20 am CMC and GFS keep the frozen stuff well north of Southeast Texas around the 10th. That looks more plausible.
Not suprised
don

12z EURO still shows a winter storm down to the I-10 corridor fwiw. And the reason why is the placement of the low,on the EURO the low is further south in the gulf which allows cold air advection to spill in while the low brings in moisture from the gulf. While the CMC and GFS have the low inland which keeps us on the warm side of the storm due to warm air advection from the gulf.Which is what happened with last weeks storm system as the gulf low tracked inland. The placement and direction of the gulf low will be very important in determining who gets snow or just rain.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-01-04 Models ECMWF Hi-Res — Pivotal Weather.png
redneckweather

don wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 pm 12z EURO still shows a winter storm down to the I-10 corridor fwiw. And the reason why is the placement of the low,on the EURO the low is further south in the gulf which allows cold air advection to spill in while the low brings in moisture from the gulf. While the CMC and GFS have the low inland which keeps us on the warm side of the storm due to warm air advection from the gulf.Which is what happened with last weeks storm system as the gulf low tracked inland. The placement and direction of the gulf low will be very important in determining who gets snow or just rain.

Make it happen Don, the entire weather board is counting on you. No pressure.😀
don

redneckweather wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:54 pm
don wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:06 pm 12z EURO still shows a winter storm down to the I-10 corridor fwiw. And the reason why is the placement of the low,on the EURO the low is further south in the gulf which allows cold air advection to spill in while the low brings in moisture from the gulf. While the CMC and GFS have the low inland which keeps us on the warm side of the storm due to warm air advection from the gulf.Which is what happened with last weeks storm system as the gulf low tracked inland. The placement and direction of the gulf low will be very important in determining who gets snow or just rain.

Make it happen Don, the entire weather board is counting on you. No pressure.😀
LOL I'll try ;) :D
Kingwood36

Is it more or does storm2k texas winter weather thread have a Dallas bias? Or is it just me?
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:55 pm Is it more or does storm2k texas winter weather thread have a Dallas bias? Or is it just me?
The majority of the people on there are from the DFW area so that’s why.
MontgomeryCoWx

They are good people, but a heavy focus on North and West Texas.

There are some signals out there that the next 6 weeks could be very, very active. The subtrop jet stays busy, and the cold in Siberia looks to transition over to our side of the globe mid-late month. Omega block locks us in through February.

Weeklies looked insane yesterday. It looked more like Oklahoma City (for SE Texas) than anything else.
Team #NeverSummer
  • Information