General Weather Discussions and Analysis
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

What it shall it bring us?
BlueJay

April showers?
DoctorMu

BlueJay wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:14 amApril showers?
I wish. Looking high and dry and warm to hot after Monday. The more it dries and is warm in the Spring, the worse this summer is going to be. Almost nothing on GFS, Euro, CMC, UKMet through mid-April. Zonal systems are taking the energy north of here. You know it's bad when CMA (China) progs the most rain.
txbear

DoctorMu wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:17 pm
BlueJay wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:14 amApril showers?
I wish. Looking high and dry and warm to hot after Monday. The more it dries and is warm in the Spring, the worse this summer is going to be. Almost nothing on GFS, Euro, CMC, UKMet through mid-April. Zonal systems are taking the energy north of here. You know it's bad when CMA (China) progs the most rain.
The big suck. Not ready to be running sprinklers like mad already.
Cpv17

Yeah folks it’s not looking good. A very boring stretch of weather coming up. Hopefully a pattern change will come later in April.
DoctorMu

An interesting note. NHS has retired the entire Greek alphabet for Hurricane names. Confusing, distracting and Eta and Iota had to be retired anyway. A new set of A-Z names will wait in the wings.

https://public.wmo.int/en/media/press-r ... e-of-greek
jasons2k

Another year...another drought in the middle of the spring “storm season.”

Time to finally build pool 2.0
BlueJay

I hope that the talk of a 2011 repeat and an active 2021 hurricane season is just an April Fool's day weather prank.
It's never to early to prepare, though.
DoctorMu

Nothing until about April 16-17 on GFS. Slight chance of precip late week on CMC. Euro has potential action in NW counties on the 9th. El Zippo on ICON.

Sprinklers on stun. Kirk out.
TxLady

Yesterday was such a gorgeous Spring Day! I had errands to run, and decided to have my truck cleaned up, while I was out. The car detail shop was packed! As I was waiting, the Weather Channel was playing on the TV in the lobby. They were discussing how this weekend was a very boring pattern for most of the US. I wake up, this morning, to a rain/pollen mix all over my nice clean truck! It's been rainy and cool all morning. Anyone that got some rain this morning, has me and my $50 truck wash to thank! :lol:
  • Information