April 2021

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
don

Heavy rain has already started here,looking at the radar u am getting really concerned with the possibility of significant street flooding today.Stay weather aware today and this weekend.
Attachments
image6.png
Cpv17

The 0z Euro has a 25” bullseye just to the west of me. Yikes.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yep, its time again. Getting some nice soaking rain currently in NW Galveston County. Active weather across SE TX through Sunday morning including the coastal counties. A Flash Flood Watch has been issued for all of SE TX including southern portions of Matagorda and Brazoria Counties which are in a severe drought. Most areas will see 2-3” totals through Sunday with isolated 4-8” totals. I would not be surprised to see some higher totals should training of storms develop. The SPC has a large marginal risk area for severe weather across S, Central, and SE TX for Saturday. Its possible higher severe probabilities will be needed in later outlooks. Its time be weather aware again.
Cromagnum

Glad I don't work inside the beltway. That morning commute looks awful
jasons2k

It appears that everyone will receive some much-needed rain over the next couple of days. So far 1.25” here with another heavy shower.
jasons2k

Looks like a training band is trying to setup, arcing to the NW from the West Loop and NW from there roughly between I-10 and 290.
cperk

2.2 inches at my place and still a light sprinkle.
jasons2k

From Jeff:

Widespread rainfall continues over the region this morning, but rates have subsided in the last few hours.

Widespread rainfall amounts of 2-3 inches have occurred north of I-10 with isolated amounts of 4-5 inches over northern Waller County and 4-6 inches over portions of Walker County. For the most part the ground has been able to handle the rainfall with flooding confined to mainly streets under the most intense rainfall rates and some minor rural low land flooding along creeks in northern Waller County.

Rainfall will slowly weaken today as air mass has been worked over by the early morning activity.

Attention will shift to tonight into Saturday as the large upper level low over SW TX slowly moves eastward and expect to see additional rounds of showers and thunderstorms over the weekend. Activity tonight into Saturday may focus to the west and southwest of the metro area near Matagorda Bay, but trends will need to be watched.

All bayous and creeks are currently within banks and handling the rainfall well.
don

Radar looks wonderful this morning lol :)
Cpv17

don wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:40 am Radar looks wonderful this morning lol :)
Yeah it’s nice. I’ve yet to see any real heavy rain. Just a nice light to moderate soaking.
  • Information