August 2021: Major Hurricane Ida/SE Louisiana Landfall

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Karen

This board used to have great information now people just hoping we get hit with a storm. Any type of storm depression to hurricane will be devistating to our area. Currently nothing even out there please stop scaring people with wish casting please. I miss waxman and his sensible weather forecast
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

CMC seems like it'll stick to stronger ridge as well.
Kingwood36

Until something actually develops its all speculation
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:33 am
txbear wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:02 am
Stratton20 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:00 am Don fingers crossed the GFS is wrong about a stronger ridge, ira been hot and dry long enough here
Wrong. I’m constantly amazed (to put it nicely) by your wishcasting of a storm to hit the area with all the impacts there entailed. If you’re so adamant on experiencing a storm, why don’t you put yourself in harms way and chase? Or is that too risky for you.

Hope you’re prepared to donate your money, time, and sweat to rescue and rebuild.
Nothing wrong with being excited about a storm. He or she has enthusiasm and that's great. I don't believe they are wishing a cat 5 to hit the area. Everyone needs to just chill
Well said. 100% agree. Stratton is young. Think back to how you were at that age.
Stratton20

CPV17 yeah im 20 haha but im just tired of this heat, I would never wish for a system like a hurricane to hit us, but it would be really nice to get a break from this miserable heat here in college station
Dls2010r

I enjoy Stratton. Yes you never know what’s coming outta his mouth but he’s always posting and yes he needs to learn to check his mouth but he’s ok with me.
Stratton20

DLs2010r ok that was a little unnecessary at the end... Besides everything I say is my opinion, im not trying to argue with people, in fact I try to avoid that, but I will say I will stand my ground when I disagree with someone, sometimes Ill be right and sometimes ill be wrong, its human nature🙂im on here to learn so that I can inform my family of big weather events potentially
Last edited by Stratton20 on Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingwood36

Dls2010r wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:17 pm I enjoy Stratton. Yes you never know what’s coming outta his mouth but he’s always posting and yes he needs to learn to check his mouth but he’s ok with me.
We ALL needed to check our mouths at 20 lol..hell I still do at 38..but I love his enthusiasm. I know it may SOUND like he wants something bad to happen but that isn't the case..maybe word it better.. no worries Stratton keep on keeping on
Cromagnum

Stratton20 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:13 pm CPV17 yeah im 20 haha but im just tired of this heat, I would never wish for a system like a hurricane to hit us, but it would be really nice to get a break from this miserable heat here in college station
The majority of tropical systems will have absolutely no impact on the College Station area. I was in College Station when Ike hit and it only drizzled a little bit up there with a little wind.
Stratton20

Cromagnum well thats a big oof, in outside right now and it feels like Im sitting in a furnace
don

12Z CMC further north into north Mexico, but still far from us.
Attachments
gem_mslp_pcpn_watl_32.png
Stratton20

Not sure if I have shared this already, but oh man this could be very concerning for the days/weeks ahead if this comes to fruition in the tropics
Attachments
C0DF373D-22E4-45CA-9F92-96DFFAD26321.png
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stratton is young with passion for weather at 100MPH. I get it and have been there myself in the GoPBi and early Storm2K days. Yes, there is nothing wrong with being excited about the weather
Iheartweather

Katdaddy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:39 pm Stratton is young with passion for weather at 100MPH. I get it and have been there myself in the GoPBi and early Storm2K days. Yes, there is nothing wrong with being excited about the weather
You guys need to see his original posts, rather than his edits. He starts out wish casting, people call him out, then he edits and plays the victim. His post this morning threatened another poster, he got called out and edited, then again played the victim card. You guys are free to do whatever you want with your forum of course, but his trolling makes this forum look amateurish and frankly he's trash.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iheartweather wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:01 pm
Katdaddy wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:39 pm Stratton is young with passion for weather at 100MPH. I get it and have been there myself in the GoPBi and early Storm2K days. Yes, there is nothing wrong with being excited about the weather
You guys need to see his original posts, rather than his edits. He starts out wish casting, people call him out, then he edits and plays the victim. His post this morning threatened another poster, he got called out and edited, then again played the victim card. You guys are free to do whatever you want with your forum of course, but his trolling makes this forum look amateurish and frankly he's trash.
So by calling him "trash" means you have the high road here as a longtime lurker? As far as the forum looking amateurish, I not sure that's the case. There are plenty of other online weather forums like Storm2k and American Weather where you can see and interact with others...and experience the same type postings that you are complaining about. We do not run a platform that outright bans people without justification. There are far more posts here from our solid, knowledgeable and experienced members that far outweigh Stratton20. We are not like Twitter and Facebook as well as other online weather venues that actively ban opposing view points...😉
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Stratton20

Iheartweather well its pretty clear you havent been reading any of these comments , I am not trash, I am not trolling anyone or on this board at all, I feel bad for you that you actually went out of your way to be a jerk, I hate being rude to people, but your just asking for it pal
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stratton20, dail back your rhetorical responses and let the staff address those. Thank you.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Kingwood36

Let's get back to the weather!
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

So I see Wxman57 just posted on Twitter that the models strongly suggest at least a Tropical Storm may for next week in the NW Caribbean or Southern Gulf. Mexico and Texas are the primary areas to watch.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
TexasBreeze

At least there is Don and his excellent up to date model updates and graphics!
  • Information