September 2021: Hurricane Nicholas

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Stratton20

tireman4 first class of the day got canceled because my professor was sick, just finished my 2nd class, Weather and Climate Change, definitely excited to learn more about weather since im practically a weather nerd haha, i only have 2 classes today from 9:10-11:10am and thats it for today, my schedule this semester is really smooth
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stratton20 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:48 pm tireman4 first class of the day got canceled because my professor was sick, just finished my 2nd class, Weather and Climate Change, definitely excited to learn more about weather since im practically a weather nerd haha, i only have 2 classes today from 9:10-11:10am and thats it for today, my schedule this semester is really smooth
Well, good luck to you. Keep us posted on how you do. Remember, you can "always" double major in meteorology too ( there are tutors..LOL). We have seen at least two folks from here go from high school to becoming pro mets. :)
Stratton20

Tireman4 haha thanks, and the funny is in my weather class we have 135 students, and my professor asked who in here is a weather nerd, and I was literally the only one in the room who raised my hand!😂😂 unfortunately meteorology requires some advanced math courses and I am absolutely not a math person
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Stratton20 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:02 pm Tireman4 haha thanks, and the funny is in my weather class we have 135 students, and my professor asked who in here is a weather nerd, and I was literally the only one in the room who raised my hand!😂😂 unfortunately meteorology requires some advanced math courses and I am absolutely not a math person
Well, you never know. Stick with us here kid, the fever might just overtake you. :)
225forlyfe

Stratton20 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 am srainhoutx thats over 9 days out, im taking that with a grain of salt IMO, im not buying it until it shows up inside the 7 day range
You can't say this "redneckweather we will see, sometimes models dont pick up on systems until they are beginning to form, this has a decently favorable environment to work with so i wouldnt be shocked if this develops, unfortunately we will have to wait another 30 days at least for a “fall” front" then say what you said above. It's contradictory in nature, but you already know this. This is why people keep thinking you're wishcasting. If you think this tropical system has a decent chance of forming, then you would also think the cool front also has a decent chance, period.
Stratton20

225forlyfe im not here to argue, I accidentally contradicted myself, it happens sometimes! How about we stay on topic and not make this conversation toxic?
Cromagnum

Since we are in a lull for the moment, I can't resist. Some of the conversations on here are just too out there to believe at times.

Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:50 pm 225forlyfe im not here to argue, I accidentally contradicted myself, it happens sometimes! How about we stay on topic and not make this conversation toxic?
Just let them be. Don’t even argue back. If they wanna talk mess about you just let them do it. The mods will take care of it.
Stratton20

CPV17 thanks, back to weather wise, doesnt really seem like the operational models are too excited about potential development near the yucatan next week
Kludge

Cromagnum wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:01 pm Since we are in a lull for the moment, I can't resist. Some of the conversations on here are just too out there to believe at times.

Agreed.

Lately I feel like I'm back in Arizona <inside joke>.

Dozens of useless posts per day cause my scrolling finger to get sore.
Stratton20

18z GFS tries to spin up something in the Western Caribbean and then moves it into the gulf, but the energy gets stretched out as it approaches the texas coast
Texaspirate11

I believe that yellow blob just wont make it to us due to shear
and whats with this "cold front" coming?
Suppose to swoosh it away from us to Florida?
I hope not LA.
No guessing just some good weather mets can answer.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
txsnowmaker

Kludge wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:31 pm
Cromagnum wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:01 pm Since we are in a lull for the moment, I can't resist. Some of the conversations on here are just too out there to believe at times.

Agreed.

Yes things are feeling rather bitter and cold, if you know what I mean…
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

As usual, this cannot be stated enough...

.TROPICAL...

We are now heading into the peak of hurricane season as September
approaches. While there are currently no tropical systems that
pose a threat to SE TX, now is the time to make sure that you are
prepared to act in the event that a storm does threaten us at some
point. Check to make sure you have an updated hurricane kit and
that you and your family have a plan in place to respond to a
storm.

You can find a list of suggested supplies to include in your
hurricane kit at www.www.ready.gov/kit.

Cady
Cromagnum

Yep. Got a shiny new Honda generator last week. Portable AC this weekend. Electrician coming this weekend to fix me up an interlock and generator connector. 400 gallons of propane,, 15 gallons of gas,, and lots of nonperishables and water.
Kingwood36

txsnowmaker wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:09 pm
Kludge wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Agreed.

Yes things are feeling rather bitter and cold, if you know what I mean…
WE NEED BITTER COLD AND SNOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!! lol....good times! I miss that little fella sometimes and his all caps😂
Stratton20

00z CMC is trying to spin something up in the Western GOM around the 5/6th timeframe
Texaspirate11

Wouldn't worry about it our NWS isn't as was answered

We are now heading into the peak of hurricane season as September
approaches. While there are currently no tropical systems that
pose a threat to SE TX, now is the time to make sure that you are
prepared to act in the event that a storm does threaten us at some
point. Check to make sure you have an updated hurricane kit and
that you and your family have a plan in place to respond to a
storm.

You can find a list of suggested supplies to include in your
hurricane kit at www.www.ready.gov/kit.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
DoctorMu

Welp.

Thanks to Ida's wake we'll be experiencing the hottest weather of the year over the next week. Usually we get a bit more rain beginning Sept. 1.

Hoping for a cool Fall...or hell even a Fall would be nice!
Stratton20

Texaspirate11 oh im not worried about it right now, but a few storms come to mind in september, Imelda, Beta and IKE , not saying this definitely will become a named system and threaten us, but its always good to casually pay attention to it
  • Information