September 2021: Hurricane Nicholas

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

I have a question for anyone that can answer. It’s not weather related though. So tomorrow I’m going to the A&M game and was wondering where’s a good place to park and how early should I get there if I want to get in my seat at least 30 min before kickoff. The game starts at 11 and I live about 2 hours from College Station. About what time should I leave my house? I was thinking 6am. If anyone can help me out just pm me. Thanks.
djmike

Not that it matters but Nicholas (whats left of him) is FINALLY is moving out of SETX/SWLA. Us in Beaumont get to see some sunshine for the first time today. Refreshing!
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Pas_Bon

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:02 pm I have a question for anyone that can answer. It’s not weather related though. So tomorrow I’m going to the A&M game and was wondering where’s a good place to park and how early should I get there if I want to get in my seat at least 30 min before kickoff. The game starts at 11 and I live about 2 hours from College Station. About what time should I leave my house? I was thinking 6am. If anyone can help me out just pm me. Thanks.
I apologize profusely for you having to attend an A&M game. Lol
To better help you, I suggest heading to Baton Rouge and becoming an LSU fan. All the cool kids are doing it these days (even though we sort of suck)
Cpv17

Pas_Bon wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:09 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:02 pm I have a question for anyone that can answer. It’s not weather related though. So tomorrow I’m going to the A&M game and was wondering where’s a good place to park and how early should I get there if I want to get in my seat at least 30 min before kickoff. The game starts at 11 and I live about 2 hours from College Station. About what time should I leave my house? I was thinking 6am. If anyone can help me out just pm me. Thanks.
I apologize profusely for you having to attend an A&M game. Lol
To better help you, I suggest heading to Baton Rouge and becoming an LSU fan. All the cool kids are doing it these days (even though we sort of suck)
The problem with LSU is they need to get a new head coach. Rumor has it they’re interested in Jimbo which is why A&M gave him a new deal recently.
Kingwood36

Suprised there isnt alot more chatter about the first fall front heading this say..lows in the upper 50's isn't bad!
Cromagnum

Kingwood36 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am Suprised there isnt alot more chatter about the first fall front heading this say..lows in the upper 50's isn't bad!
Is that a lock, or one of those that looks good up until the day of and it runs out of gas?
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am Suprised there isnt alot more chatter about the first fall front heading this say..lows in the upper 50's isn't bad!
I guess it’s not really that big of a deal to a lot of people idk. I know I’d be a lot more excited if I had about 5 or 10” of rain coming my way or some snowstorm lol
Stratton20

Kingwood36 probably because we are all used to that first real fall front every year in September , not really much of a surprising event anymore lol
javakah

Stratton20 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 am Kingwood36 probably because we are all used to that first real fall front every year in September , not really much of a surprising event anymore lol
Nah, I think it's more of a Charlie Brown/football situation. We've gone through soooo many cases where the models suggest that we are getting that first big fall front in 5-7 days, then it winds up staying north or just plain fizzling out before it gets here (perhaps dropping temperatures by about a degree).

At this point, I don't get too excited about the first big fall front until it's nearly upon us.
DoctorMu

The front's real. ;)

Got some outflow boundaries entering the area from the north. Scattershot, but we might get some rain.
Cpv17

DoctorMu wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:37 pm The front's real. ;)

Got some outflow boundaries entering the area from the north. Scattershot, but we might get some rain.
Rained on me at the game today.
Stratton20

CPV17 same I got absolutely soaked in the student section haha
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:16 pm
DoctorMu wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:37 pm The front's real. ;)

Rained on me at the game today.
I saw it! Looked like a soaker. Just a few sprinkles here and 30 sec of rain.
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:01 pm CPV17 same I got absolutely soaked in the student section haha
Haha yeah the drops were huge for a while there.
redneckweather

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:27 am
I guess it’s not really that big of a deal to a lot of people idk. I know I’d be a lot more excited if I had about 5 or 10” of rain coming my way or some snowstorm lol
Or maybe a hurricane huh?lol I saw where you wished one would hit us on another board.

Looks like all models are still showing our first decent cool front of the season next week! I wouldn't be surprised if some spots in Southeast, Texas hit the mid 50's with this one.
Cpv17

redneckweather wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:09 am
Or maybe a hurricane huh?lol I saw where you wished one would hit us on another board.

Looks like all models are still showing our first decent cool front of the season next week! I wouldn't be surprised if some spots in Southeast, Texas hit the mid 50's with this one.
Nope, never said that. I said I wanted some rain and would’ve been perfectly fine with taking a hit from Nicholas as long as it remained nothing more than a cat 1. I’d never wish a storm on anyone. That’s not me.
Cromagnum

I'll never understand people that would be okay with a cat 1 hurricane hitting them. Nicholas tore up all kinds of stuff down at the coast. Sargent, Lake Jackson, and Surfside are all a mess. I had over $1000 worth of roof damage as well as damage to my fence all the way up in Rosharon from "just a cat 1".
Cpv17

Cromagnum wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:09 am I'll never understand people that would be okay with a cat 1 hurricane hitting them. Nicholas tore up all kinds of stuff down at the coast. Sargent, Lake Jackson, and Surfside are all a mess. I had over $1000 worth of roof damage as well as damage to my fence all the way up in Rosharon from "just a cat 1".
Everyone is different. I like the thrill and adrenaline rush from storms. Plus I’ve never experienced one.
redneckweather

Cpv17 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

Nope, never said that. I said I wanted some rain and would’ve been perfectly fine with taking a hit from Nicholas as long as it remained nothing more than a cat 1. I’d never wish a storm on anyone. That’s not me.
You said you would be perfectly fine taking a direct hit as long as it wasn't anything more than a cat 1. Same thing and glad you owned it...respect. Not knocking you either way.

I'm 99.99% sure we are done here on the Texas coast this season.
Cpv17

redneckweather wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:46 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:59 am

You said you would be perfectly fine taking a direct hit as long as it wasn't anything more than a cat 1. Same thing and glad you owned it...respect. Not knocking you either way.

I'm 99.99% sure we are done here on the Texas coast this season.
Yeah, we’re done. Now onto hoping I can get some rain and hoping we have a cold snowy winter (wishful thinking).
  • Information