April 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cromagnum

And just like that...poof goes today's rain chances too. Getting old.
Iceresistance

Cromagnum wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:54 am And just like that...poof goes today's rain chances too. Getting old.
I'm expecting storms today, even though the CPC is somewhat promising with leaning above normal rainfall in the 6-10 & 8-14 Day outlooks
Stratton20

Lol Noaa’s 6-10 and 8/14 day outlooks are calling for near average to slightly above normal precipitation here in SE Texas, thats a good joke!😆 I expect these maps will trend to below normal precipitation the next few days, dont see anything significant in the models
captainbarbossa19

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:39 pm Lol Noaa’s 6-10 and 8/14 day outlooks are calling for near average to slightly above normal precipitation here in SE Texas, thats a good joke!😆 I expect these maps will trend to below normal precipitation the next few days, dont see anything significant in the models
I don't trust models at all lately. The other day, my area received rain when not forecasted and then did not receive any when it was. It's important to keep in mind that a dry April is really not unusual for this area. The cap is almost every year a problem. Perhaps things will change once we get into May. May tends to be much wetter for our area. If it is not, then a severe drought is very likely to continue through the summer.
don

Sunday is starting to look a little interesting with the frontal passage. Some of the mesoscale models are starting to show thunderstorms.FWIW We'll see tomorrow if the HRRR picks up on it or not.
DoctorMu

don wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:01 pm Sunday is starting to look a little interesting with the frontal passage. Some of the mesoscale models are starting to show thunderstorms.FWIW We'll see tomorrow if the HRRR picks up on it or not.
Yeah, Sunday's front has some backdoor action. Looks pretty iffy, but we might get lucky if a cell develops overhead.

Cpv17

Well I got hired on today at a new job but I’m not sure if I’m going to take it yet or not just cuz I’m really comfortable where I’m at but it pays quite a bit more. If I can get some rain on Sunday that would really put the icing on the cake for me this Easter weekend.
Stratton20

Cpv17 thats awesome! What job is it?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congratulations Cpv17! Change can be a bit intimidating, but an increase in pay in the current inflationary environment is a positive thing. All the best to you!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 pm Cpv17 thats awesome! What job is it?
Thanks!

Sports Field Technician. Basically we would do all the maintenance on sports fields across most of south and east TX for school districts and universities. My background in maintenance, equipment operations and customer service really helped me out.
Cpv17

srainhoutx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:13 pm Congratulations Cpv17! Change can be a bit intimidating, but an increase in pay in the current inflationary environment is a positive thing. All the best to you!
Thank you! I definitely could use it.
Stratton20

CPV17 thats so cool! Definitely an important job, i definitely get that its a tough decision to take the job or not, but a higher pay is definitely worth it!
captainbarbossa19

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:58 pm
srainhoutx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:13 pm Congratulations Cpv17! Change can be a bit intimidating, but an increase in pay in the current inflationary environment is a positive thing. All the best to you!
Thank you! I definitely could use it.
Congratulations. Sounds like you will be traveling a lot.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Congrats Cpv17! I am sure you will some awesome skies with your travels across S and E TX.
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:55 pm
Stratton20 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 pm Cpv17 thats awesome! What job is it?
Thanks!

Sports Field Technician. Basically we would do all the maintenance on sports fields across most of south and east TX for school districts and universities. My background in maintenance, equipment operations and customer service really helped me out.
Nice! Definitely hope it rains!

There's nothing like perfect lines on a baseball or football field and lush grass.
DoctorMu

Heavy Cloud, But No Rain

https://youtu.be/1T0tJnaUhU8
Last edited by DoctorMu on Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpv17

Thanks everyone!

So back to the weather, it feels absolutely disgusting out there today. And with the SOI remaining so positive and with the La Niña background state, I feel like my previous post a while back about not getting any rain till possibly a tropical system comes our way might come to fruition. I see a bad drought setting in which is the absolute worst type of weather imo.
captainbarbossa19

Cpv17 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:50 pm Thanks everyone!

So back to the weather, it feels absolutely disgusting out there today. And with the SOI remaining so positive and with the La Niña background state, I feel like my previous post a while back about not getting any rain till possibly a tropical system comes our way might come to fruition. I see a bad drought setting in which is the absolute worst type of weather imo.
Well for whatever it is worth, the GFS and Euro both have a chance of storms tomorrow evening. GFS and Euro also show a line of thunderstorms out west of us in about a week advancing east. But yeah, unless we start getting storms soon, severe drought is inevitable.
DoctorMu

There's a front nearby and windshift to the north impending and plenty of humidity and water vapor but nothing on the radar.
captainbarbossa19

Short-term models are hinting at the possibility of thunderstorms this evening. Supercells are developing NW of San Antonio/Austin now.
  • Information