June 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
captainbarbossa19
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Location: East of Liberty
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by captainbarbossa19 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:40 am

don wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am
Sure does look good indeed, it also shows the low level vorticity some of the other models have been picking up on.But keeps it partially inland riding the coast of Louisiana and moving west into Texas which helps to enhance rainfall with the stalled frontal boundary.
I just looked and due to all the rain/clouds, the GFS only has our highs in the 80s most of next week. That seems hard to believe! However, I am thinking now that this weekend may not be quite as hot as projected a few days ago. I am thinking now right around 100 instead of 105+ for most areas.

Cromagnum
Posts: 1690
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by Cromagnum » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 am

captainbarbossa19 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:40 am
don wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am
Sure does look good indeed, it also shows the low level vorticity some of the other models have been picking up on.But keeps it partially inland riding the coast of Louisiana and moving west into Texas which helps to enhance rainfall with the stalled frontal boundary.
I just looked and due to all the rain/clouds, the GFS only has our highs in the 80s most of next week. That seems hard to believe! However, I am thinking now that this weekend may not be quite as hot as projected a few days ago. I am thinking now right around 100 instead of 105+ for most areas.
Image

User avatar
captainbarbossa19
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Location: East of Liberty
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by captainbarbossa19 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:48 am

Cromagnum wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 am
captainbarbossa19 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:40 am
don wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:20 am
Sure does look good indeed, it also shows the low level vorticity some of the other models have been picking up on.But keeps it partially inland riding the coast of Louisiana and moving west into Texas which helps to enhance rainfall with the stalled frontal boundary.
I just looked and due to all the rain/clouds, the GFS only has our highs in the 80s most of next week. That seems hard to believe! However, I am thinking now that this weekend may not be quite as hot as projected a few days ago. I am thinking now right around 100 instead of 105+ for most areas.
Image
Then we have an accord. :)

User avatar
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 3497
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:24 pm
Location: Humble, Texas
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by tireman4 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:19 pm

00
FXUS64 KHGX 221742
AFDHGX

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Houston/Galveston TX
1242 PM CDT Wed Jun 22 2022

.AVIATION [18Z TAF Issuance]...

VFR conditions should prevail through the duration of the TAF
period A few isolated showers continue to linger near the coast
with activity expected to pick up over the next 1-3 hours as the
sea breeze moves inland. Isolated showers and storms will
continue through around 00Z around and south of the Houston metro,
after which activity will diminish with the loss of daytime
heating. Light to moderate south to south-southwest winds continue
through the afternoon with winds becoming light and variable
overnight. Some patchy fog may develop to the southwest of the
metro area overnight but impacts should be limited.

Cady

&&

.PREV DISCUSSION /Issued 619 AM CDT Wed Jun 22 2022/...

.SHORT TERM [Today through Thursday Night]...

Currently.... Sfc obs and satellite imagery show patchy fog and few
to scattered low clouds developing along and west of the I-45
corridor. Fog and/or stratus will quickly dissipate/lift shortly
after daybreak. Isolated showers are also developing and moving
along the coastal zones. Expect this activity to continue through 7-
8AM.

Today... Similar weather pattern is expected today with hot and
humid conditions and isolated showers and thunderstorms developing
inland in the afternoon. Mid to upper level ridge centered over the
ArkLaTex remains strong and will continue to expand over TX today.
Sfc high pressure over the northern Gulf coast will shift westward
into the Upper TX coast throughout the day, providing efficient WAA
into the region. With that being said, isolated convection can be
expected inland with the seabreeze. Highs will once again climb from
the low 90s along the coast to near 101 degrees across our
northwestern counties. With low sfc dewpoint values throughout the
day (from 60s to low 70s; afternoon heat indices will range from 102
to 107 degrees.

Thursday... Ridging will continue to move westward into TX in the
next few days, providing more subsidence into the region. However, a
few fast-moving ripples/shortwaves will attempt to ride along the
southeastern periphery of the mid/upper ridge on Thursday. With
moderate low to mid level moisture and instability; a few showers
and storms will be possible, mainly north of I-10. In terms of
temperatures, it will be even hotter. Highs from the upper 90s to
near 102 degrees are expected. Overnight lows from the upper 70s to
mid 80s.

05


.LONG TERM [Friday Through Wednesday]...

Persistent high pressure overhead will keep Southeast Texas hot with
minimal rain chances. Daytime highs will flirt with triple digits
near 100-102 degF on Friday through Sunday for inland locations and
upper 90s closer to the coast. Southwesterly flow aloft will bring
in a drier airmass, which will mix down to the surface each
afternoon and help significantly lower dewpoints. These lower
dewpoints should keep us short of Heat Advisory criteria, but a few
isolated areas of 103 degF cannot be ruled out this weekend.
Overnight lows will struggle to recover and reach the upper 70s
outside of urban locations, near 80 across the Houston Metro area,
and low 80s along the coast.

Fortunately, global models are still predicting a front to push
through our area on Monday and lingering near the coast on Tuesday,
but exact timing remains uncertain. Therefore, kept rain chances
near 20-30% for Monday and Tuesday. Cloud cover should increase
early next week from this front which should help cool daytime highs
a few degrees. Inland locations will reach the upper 90s and coastal
areas will reach the mid 90s. Overnight lows will still hover in the
upper 70s to low 80s across Southeast Texas.

Lenninger


.MARINE...

Light to moderate onshore flow will persist through most of the
week. Swell will begin to subside this afternoon and seas will hover
near 2 feet through the weekend.

Lenninger

&&

.PRELIMINARY POINT TEMPS/POPS...

College Station (CLL) 76 102 75 102 78 / 20 10 0 0 0
Houston (IAH) 77 100 77 102 79 / 20 20 0 0 0
Galveston (GLS) 81 95 82 96 84 / 0 0 0 0 0

&&

.HGX WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...

TX...None.
GM...None.

&&

$$

SHORT TERM...05
LONG TERM...Lenninger
AVIATION...Cady
MARINE...Lenninger

User avatar
djmike
Posts: 1396
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: BEAUMONT, TX
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by djmike » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Im need to frame that QPF! That looks awesome!! If we can just survive the next few days of 101-105. Its gonna be brutal.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)

Stratton20
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm

12z Euro has the weak low moving in between Corpus and Madagorda Bay, not much rain on that run though, also their are now a few GEFS members now show potential development of the low ( if it stays off shore ) just off of our coast next week FWIW, granted only about 6 or so members of the 31 show any sort of development, but its something to watch as that front stalls out next week
Attachments
B7C7DF5F-6D54-4173-B8C8-B73D2FF3123B.png

User avatar
captainbarbossa19
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Location: East of Liberty
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by captainbarbossa19 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Stratton20 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:23 pm
12z Euro has the weak low moving in between Corpus and Madagorda Bay, not much rain on that run though, also their are now a few GEFS members now show potential development of the low ( if it stays off shore ) just off of our coast next week FWIW, granted only about 6 or so members of the 31 show any sort of development, but its something to watch as that front stalls out next week
The rotation tightens up as it moves closer to the shore. No doubt from land frictional forces. I question the lack of rain from such a system since it is tightening not breaking up.

Stratton20
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:49 pm

captainbarbossa19 yeag with the front stalled that will squeeze out the tropical moisture combined with potential low pressure developing in the gulf, that euro rainfall forecast is very surprising, of course if this low stays over water and does develop those rainfall projections would go up by alot

Cromagnum
Posts: 1690
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by Cromagnum » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:32 pm

Had a nice little cell near my neighborhood but it passed on down the street from our house and flipped us the bird as it went on by.

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 3790
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: June 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:38 pm

Yeah, a sight for sore eyes. Please, no Lucy on this QPF!

Image

CMC, Euro, even Ensembles leaning toward a wetter solution. Fingers crossed the trend is our friend.

Image

Post Reply