July 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Stratton20
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:03 pm

DoctorMu weak tropical system? I dont see any indications of a tropical system in the next 6-10 days in any of the models

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 3897
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:59 pm

Stratton20 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:03 pm
DoctorMu weak tropical system? I dont see any indications of a tropical system in the next 6-10 days in any of the models
The Ensembles pick it up late in the 10 day period (Aug 9/10). We'll see.

GFS send a tropical wave into LA after the 10th.

Aug 8 is the peak of heat and dryness/lack of rain in CLL. We're not over the hump yet. Burn bans until further notice.

Stratton20
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:02 pm

DoctorMu ah i guess I missed that, man we just need some way to get some rain, its amazing how im still seeing so much green around me despite only picking up about a quarter inch of rain since June 1st

Cpv17
Posts: 3207
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:39 pm

Stratton20 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:02 pm
DoctorMu ah i guess I missed that, man we just need some way to get some rain, its amazing how im still seeing so much green around me despite only picking up about a quarter inch of rain since June 1st
This week, with the exception of Wednesday, there will be a 30-40% chance of rain. Looks like slightly less chances up y’all’s way though. Too far from the Gulf.

Stratton20
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:24 pm

Long range 00z GFS has a pretty decent front around the 12/13th, too bad its long range lol

Cromagnum
Posts: 1756
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Cromagnum » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:38 am

As usual. Good stuff is coming and it evaporates as soon as it gets close.

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 3897
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Cpv17 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:39 pm
Stratton20 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:02 pm
DoctorMu ah i guess I missed that, man we just need some way to get some rain, its amazing how im still seeing so much green around me despite only picking up about a quarter inch of rain since June 1st
This week, with the exception of Wednesday, there will be a 30-40% chance of rain. Looks like slightly less chances up y’all’s way though. Too far from the Gulf.
The seabreeze skipped away to our east. Grimes County sometimes sees rain with the seabreeze. We're just a bit too far north and west.

The Fall semester begins a week early this year. Does that mean our beginning of the school year flood/rain come early? Stay tuned.

Stratton20
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:00 pm

Little bit of a weak signal showing up on the 12z EPS for potential tropical mischief in the GOM next week fwiw

User avatar
djmike
Posts: 1421
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: BEAUMONT, TX
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by djmike » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:59 pm

Another whole lot of nothin day today. Man I cant wait till we see that first 100% chance of coverage. All day light to moderate. Wonder when the last 100% was forecasted. Hopefully Aug will flip.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)

Cpv17
Posts: 3207
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: July 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:00 pm

djmike wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:59 pm
Another whole lot of nothin day today. Man I cant wait till we see that first 100% chance of coverage. All day light to moderate. Wonder when the last 100% was forecasted. Hopefully Aug will flip.
Things are gonna change. Just gotta be patient.

Post Reply