August 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
jasons2k

Cromagnum wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:03 pm Caught around 1.5" from the heavier stuff. Still drizzling. Puts my 1 week total just over 5"
Pretty nice! Nice indeed! I’m hoping to still pick-up some more.
jasons2k

TWC app shows me at 100% chance of rain at 4pm and 5pm. Currently 92 and steamy.
DoctorMu

A quick shower and it breezes by. The weak/diffuse frontal boundary is giving us weather more like the SE in general.

We don't need a lot of rain from each shower if we're getting a taste most days.
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:21 pm TWC app shows me at 100% chance of rain at 4pm and 5pm. Currently 92 and steamy.
It’s crazy steamy down here. Sun is starting to peak back out.
davidiowx

1.4" IMBY so far today. Looks like more on the way building out West. Would LOVE for this to be a trend all day today, tonight and tomorrow!.
Cromagnum

Better stock up on OFF, Cutter, etc...
That next lawn mowing session gonna be pretty bitey.
Cpv17

davidiowx wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:49 pm 1.4" IMBY so far today. Looks like more on the way building out West. Would LOVE for this to be a trend all day today, tonight and tomorrow!.
I’m hoping we get some redevelopment further west out towards the Hallettsville and Cuero area but not sure that’s gonna happen.
snowman65

Looks like rain for the next 14 days
Rip76

snowman65 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:09 am Well I saw the first few love bugs yesterday...change is coming lol
Ha.
This is my fall meter too.
jasons2k

Fingers crossed it doesn’t split on me.
Attachments
FE98C476-68BB-46E2-8B66-7BEF3249DCC1.png
jasons2k

Nice shower. Another one coming. No major wind here at all, mostly a calm but torrential downpour with a few rumbles of thunder.
At 115 PM CDT, Doppler radar was tracking strong thunderstorms along
a line extending from near Woodbranch to near Thicket. Movement was
south at 10 TO 15 mph.

HAZARD...Winds in excess of 30 mph.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
unsecured objects.

Locations impacted include...
Humble, northern Liberty, Dayton, Kingwood, Spring, The Woodlands,
Oak Ridge North, Splendora, Patton Village, Roman Forest, Woodbranch,
Daisetta, Hardin, Plum Grove, Kenefick, Dayton Lakes, Lake Houston,
Porter Heights, northern Atascocita and New Caney.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If outdoors, consider seeking shelter inside a building.

&&
Stratton20

This wet weather pattern is going no where any time soon ( thankfully) noaas 6-10 and 8/14 day outlooks continue to advertise above normal precipitation across texas through the first full week of september, of course will need to watch for some tropical mischief at the end of this month with that wave
snowman65

Feast or famine.. We have now reaxhed "feast" status
user:null

I just wish everywhere would get a solid heavy soaker with inches of rainfall under this coming late-summer wet spell.

I'm beyond tired when all the other promising moisture shifts earlier this summer kept getting reduced to scattered pieces of cr...
jasons2k

I picked up another .54”

Not bad at all. As long as we keep getting rain every 1-2 days it’s all good with me. I haven’t had to water in over a week now and things are looking lush again. So much better than June and July, that’s for sure - this is great for August. I may actually need to heat the pool this weekend. It’s down to 85 and that’s a little too chilly for me. I prefer 88-90 in the water. WxMan57 would probably concur 😁😁😁😁
djmike

user:null wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:31 pm I just wish everywhere would get a solid heavy soaker with inches of rainfall under this coming late-summer wet spell.

I'm beyond tired when all the other promising moisture shifts earlier this summer kept getting reduced to scattered pieces of cr...
Ive never seen so many forecasts get slowly decreased the closer we get as I have seen this summer. Things look awesome and promising 4-5 days out at 60-80% and then the closer we get, percentages always dropped to 10-20% or less and many received nothing. It was like clockwork. Hopefully this new pattern will hold for a while and we can now slowly dig ourselves out of a drought. We ALL should have had a good helping of this wetness by now. Luckily in two weeks time, Ive managed 4.50”.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good news for the SE Texas lakes that supply water for Houston. The Dallas area flooding was predominantly on the East side of the Metroplex which means places like Lake Livingston, Lake Sam Rayburn and the Trinity River will be flowing down into the important watersheds that supply the drinking water!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
davidiowx

srainhoutx wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:52 pm Good news for the SE Texas lakes that supply water for Houston. The Dallas area flooding was predominantly on the East side of the Metroplex which means places like Lake Livingston, Lake Sam Rayburn and the Trinity River will be flowing down into the important watersheds that supply the drinking water!
This is great news for my house on Lake Toledo Bend. Water there have been low for several months!

It’s pretty scary out in Columbus right now. Flash Flood warnings ongoing.
djmike

Is the front still stalled or will it make it to the coast by tomorrow?
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
davidiowx

Sheesh this little bitty cell over Richmond has dumped a 1/2” in 10min. Extremely tropical downpours! So happy with this set up.
  • Information