December 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 4191
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 pm

Iceresistance wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:10 am
Stratton20 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:04 pm
Cpv17 weatherman plus is a joke, ive seen this dude make videos on the GFS showing phantom hurricanes like 14 days out, he overhypes things alot, POW ponder on weather is much more reliable
Ryan Hall Y'all has definitely settled down since last year, he does admit that he does like to get crazy excited for snow. His 6-7 foot snowfall forecast near Buffalo, NY verified.

When it comes to Livestreams, he's an absolute legend!
He does a good job when connecting with storm chasers when there is severe weather. Haven't tuned in for winter mischief streams.

User avatar
DoctorMu
Posts: 4191
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:58 am
Location: College Station
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by DoctorMu » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Ptarmigan wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:27 pm
Pas_Bon wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:21 am
What was December 1983 like? I was only 3 and I wasn’t on this forum then. Lol
December 1983 was very cold. It is one of the coldest Decembers recorded for most of America, including Texas.
https://www.weather.gov/cle/xmas1983bli ... %20Florida.
https://www.weather.gov/fsd/dec1983-recordcold
https://spacecityweather.com/looking-ba ... old-snaps/
I was up in the mountains of NC in Dec 1983. Man, was it cold! 10-20°F below zero at night. 10°F during the day but the sun was out.

Iceresistance
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:48 pm
Location: Tecumseh, OK
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by Iceresistance » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:24 am

sambucol wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:43 pm
Pas_Bon wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:21 am
What was December 1983 like? I was only 3 and I wasn’t on this forum then. Lol
Is this December being compared to December 1983?
For the MJO

User avatar
sambucol
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: Baytown
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by sambucol » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:07 am

The MJO determines the temps? Putting that simply.

Cpv17
Posts: 3603
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:41 am

sambucol wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:07 am
The MJO determines the temps? Putting that simply.
No. That’s just one factor.

User avatar
sambucol
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Location: Baytown
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by sambucol » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:11 am

Thank you!

User avatar
Ptarmigan
Statistical Specialist
Statistical Specialist
Posts: 3705
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by Ptarmigan » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 pm

December 1983 was a moderate La Nina. Earlier in 1983 was a strong El Nino.

Cpv17
Posts: 3603
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:47 pm

Ptarmigan wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 pm
December 1983 was a moderate La Nina. Earlier in 1983 was a strong El Nino.
Transitioning between the two can lead to some very interesting scenarios.

DavidH
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 am
Location: Danbury, Texas
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by DavidH » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:56 pm

Ptarmigan wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:27 pm
Pas_Bon wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:21 am
What was December 1983 like? I was only 3 and I wasn’t on this forum then. Lol
December 1983 was very cold. It is one of the coldest Decembers recorded for most of America, including Texas.
https://www.weather.gov/cle/xmas1983bli ... %20Florida.
https://www.weather.gov/fsd/dec1983-recordcold
https://spacecityweather.com/looking-ba ... old-snaps/
Thank you, sir!

User avatar
snowman65
Posts: 1044
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Orange, Tx
Contact:

Re: December 2022

Post by snowman65 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:04 am

should we throw this out?
Attachments
Screenshot_20221122_093944.jpg

Post Reply