January 2023

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

I just looked at the mesoscale models for tomorrow and I’m not really seeing much rain around for a lot of us yet rain chances are like 80-90%. I don’t see anything that should warrant such high chances.
don

Thundersleet wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:32 pm Only out of curiosity, does anyone know what became of ticka1, wxman57, and Mr.T? Please tell me CO-VID did not snuff their lives out.
Mr.T hasn't been here for years like almost a decade now,im not sure what happened to him.The last time I remember him posting was during the March 2014 ice storm.
jasons2k

My $.02 on the topic:

Yeah be careful not to judge people by what they post online.
I’m an optimistic person. I love life and my family - I have been extremely blessed. But when we have a drought or major freeze I probably come a across as a whiny curmudgeon. That’s not me in real life — what I rant about on this board at times doesn’t define who I am, or how I act 99% of the time. So be careful with that.

Weatherwise - it’s a chilly off an on rain up here.
jasons2k

Over the last couple of days the low forecasted for next Friday has been rising on the weather app. It was 28 now it’s 38. Not even showing a freeze…
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It was a sad day when I heard the news 9/28/2018 of Ticka's passing. Glad I had a chance to meet her at our Kemah gathering years ago.
Stratton20

jasons2k i personally dont find weather apps to be reliable for temps, mainly just for the radar
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:36 am My $.02 on the topic:

Yeah be careful not to judge people by what they post online.
I’m an optimistic person. I love life and my family - I have been extremely blessed. But when we have a drought or major freeze I probably come a across as a whiny curmudgeon. That’s not me in real life — what I rant about on this board at times doesn’t define who I am, or how I act 99% of the time. So be careful with that.

Weatherwise - it’s a chilly off an on rain up here.
Just annoys me when people post these doom posts without being properly educated on things and just automatically jump to the worst conclusions about things.
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:57 am jasons2k i personally dont find weather apps to be reliable for temps, mainly just for the radar
I pretty much make my own forecast for temps if I’m being completely honest. And I don’t rely on the NWS or apps for too much of anything. I ride or die with my own forecast. Just being honest.
Iceresistance

Thundersleet wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:32 pm Only out of curiosity, does anyone know what became of ticka1, wxman57, and Mr.T? Please tell me CO-VID did not snuff their lives out.
Wxman57 is on S2K.
DoctorMu

Canadian and NAM12K continue to be in agreement. Guessing about a 40% chance of freezing rain or sleet late this week. For those south of Hwy 1*5 I think the SE ridge is just a bit too strong. Canadian has lows in the teens in CLL next weekend.
  • Information