Global Moderator

What shall the New Year bring?
CrashTestDummy

Hopefully warmer weather!!!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

"You can learn a lot from a Dummy."
Cpv17

CrashTestDummy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:29 pm Hopefully warmer weather!!!
It will be to start the month but mid to late month may turn cold again.
Stratton20

First 10-12 days will be warm but then. the bottom falls out 2nd half of the month
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:53 pm First 10-12 days will be warm but then. the bottom falls out 2nd half of the month
Yeah I’m already seeing signs of ridging starting to show up as we head into the second or third week of January. Might be able to repeat the -AO, -NAO, and -EPO all over again.
DoctorMu

Replay of December, but not quite as warm early.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cpv17 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:58 pm
Stratton20 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:53 pm First 10-12 days will be warm but then. the bottom falls out 2nd half of the month
Yeah I’m already seeing signs of ridging starting to show up as we head into the second or third week of January. Might be able to repeat the -AO, -NAO, and -EPO all over again.
We may not have to wait that long. From what I am seeing the relaxation ends early in the second week of January. Also be careful of anyone that says a "torch" is coming. That is simply not true. Certainly temperatures will moderate, but my hunch is that it's nothing more than typical averages for the time of year. Winter is no where near over!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Cpv17

srainhoutx wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:33 pm
We may not have to wait that long. From what I am seeing the relaxation ends early in the second week of January. Also be careful of anyone that says a "torch" is coming. That is simply not true. Certainly temperatures will moderate, but my hunch is that it's nothing more than typical averages for the time of year. Winter is no where near over!
Sounds good to me. I’m already looking for the next cold blast to start tracking.
CrashTestDummy

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:45 am

Sounds good to me. I’m already looking for the next cold blast to start tracking.
I'll be happy to watch it skate across the northern third of the US, giving those folks weather they're both used to, and expecting this time of year.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas

"You can learn a lot from a Dummy."
MontgomeryCoWx

Most casual weather watchers don't understand what a torch truly is.....

Torches are typically positive AO, super Nino/Nina type events. This "warm up" is only 5-8 above normal and transient. It's ocurring in an absent MJO cycle, with a -AO and following a large cold spell. It is not a torch.
Team #NeverSummer
  • Information