Off Topic: Jeff Linder E-mails, Virus?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
HouTXmetro

I don't know if I have a virus but I keep getting duplicate e-mails from him whenever there are photo's attached, etc...... I have received over 100 of the same snowfall total e-mails. Same thing happened with the last snowfall event. Help :(
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

HouTXmetro wrote:I don't know if I have a virus but I keep getting duplicate e-mails from him whenever there are photo's attached, etc...... I have received over 100 of the same snowfall total e-mails. Same thing happened with the last snowfall event. Help :(
If you are on his mailing list, I suggest you send him an e-mail and advise him of that.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
HouTXmetro

I will do that. I know that a lot of people on here are on his mailing list so I wanted to ask people on this forum if they are having the same problem.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HouTXmetro wrote:I will do that. I know that a lot of people on here are on his mailing list so I wanted to ask people on this forum if they are having the same problem.
Just because you may get something that appears to be from Jeff doesn't mean he sent it. It could be coming from someone who has Jeff's email in their MS Outlook address book if that PC is infected with something.
HouTXmetro

Thanks, for anyone who receives weather updates from Jeff here was his response:

[quote]Several folks with yahoo accounts have reported this issue. I had our IS group check and it is not stuck in our que…but apparently on the yahoo server somewhere. Nobody can seem to figure out how to correct the issue. [/quote]
  • Information