May 2023

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:05 pm
DoctorMu wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:20 pm The easterlies are already starting in Florida. They'll see rain every other day or more until the end of September.

As Jerry Reed once sang: She got the Goldmine, and I got the Shaft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqe8n-pbqQ
El Niño or La Niña doesn’t seem to have any impacts on FL weather. Dry there during the winters and wet during the summers. And most temps there don’t ever get above 95°F.
Tell me about it. My wife and I lived in Florida before moving to Texas. A typical summer day would be like yesterday, except a rain storm from the easterlies would drift through about 3 pm, leaving a cool late afternoon evening for a run. Sprinklers systems were needed more in the winter than summer due to the mild, sunny, and dray weather. Often the opposite here.
DoctorMu

Stratton20 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:07 pm Outlook just issued for JUNE and its a good one! Whens the last time we have seen a June outlook this nice? CPC isnt buying into a death ridge sitting over the state
30 day forecasts are useless. Get out a ouija board instead.
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:47 pm Kinda irritated that tonight, on Fox 26, Rameisha Shade talked about summer starting in 3 weeks, versus educating the public on what the meteorological summer is.
Of course.

Like clockwork June means 90s virtually every day...except for the 100°F days!
brazoriatx

Happy hurricane season
  • Information