February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
biggerbyte

Porter is coming in in the upper twenties at this hour. Amazing!!!
sambucol

txflagwaver wrote:32.7 Here...guess i WILL be the crazy lady with the pretty plants in the yard...:)
Maybe they will listen to you now when hurricane season rolls around ;)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

poobear55 wrote:i know everyone is excited about the chance of snow around Houston. i am too! However, i have to drive to Dilley, Tx (about 85 miles south of San Antonio on I-35). i am planning on leaving around 7:00PM thurs. I would love to see some snow during this event, but i am also worried about driving. Anybody have any thoughts about the weather west of here.
It depends on timing and just how everything unfolds, poobear55. Thursday evening may be icy to our W. Check back tomorrow and perhaps we'll have a bit more information to offer. ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
helloitsb

looks like Jeff left before he could answer but do any of the other folks on this board know if Jeff is agreeing that this event will be good for North of I-10 along with South or will it be another South big snow and North flurries with traces?
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Weather events are very good for bringing neighbors together.
poobear55

Thanks Srain!! I'll check it out tomorrow.
poobear55
Paul

Katdaddy wrote:Weather events are very good for bringing neighbors together.

yes it does Kat.....I remember our days during Rita, IKE, Humberto, the Impact Weather Seminar....fun times....in 09 I got about 2 inches of snow and League City maybe got a trace. This system is bigger and badder than 04 so i think you will get your share this year...

for the person who is asking about north or south of I10...No one can answer that question until we closer to the event. Depends on where the heavier snow bands set up...plain and simple. I think everyone will see accumalations...JMO of course...
Paul

NWS forecast low of 20 tonight in Pearland? 31F currently .....wow....you dont see that everyday...
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paul wrote:
Katdaddy wrote:Weather events are very good for bringing neighbors together.

yes it does Kat.....I remember our days during Rita, IKE, Humberto, the Impact Weather Seminar....fun times....in 09 I got about 2 inches of snow and League City maybe got a trace. This system is bigger and badder than 04 so i think you will get your share this year...

for the person who is asking about north or south of I10...No one can answer that question until we closer to the event. Depends on where the heavier snow bands set up...plain and simple. I think everyone will see accumalations...JMO of course...

My concern is I hope my luck isn't running out because this is what my neighborhood looked like last year. Hopefully mother nature will give me another year. :lol:
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
redneckweather

The temp continues to drop. It looks like I am in a cold pocket or something. 23.3 and dropping.
  • Information