February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cromagnum

Tim Keller over on ABC is so full of crap. He came right out and said "we never expected any more than a trace to an inch of snow" when all along everyone has been touting 4-5 inches. I wish I could change my answers when I'm wrong and then act smug thinking I was correct the whole time.
trlburns

a very light drizzle 290/barker cypress...this is only the very beginning
TexasBreeze

You're taking the lack of frozen precip real lightly clute! hehehe I will be upset if I don't see any real snow falling in the air!
Snowman

all of our fun is in waco

will we ever get real snow or is this it?
wxman666

Steady wind driven flurries...getting heavier here in Cypress (290 & Mueshke area).
Ready for severe weather season!!
vbhoutex

ticka1 wrote:where is jeff - haven't heard from him in awhile?

how long is this suppose to last - will it be an all night event with eventual accumulations?
Should be. Probably will wake up to falling snow.
Frigid Aggie

Paul wrote:
Frigid Aggie wrote:Mostly lite drizzle falling in Pearland. Pavestone in back yard starting to look wet. Not freezing on surfaces just yet
I have snow.....tiny light flakes but its snow....not sticking though...need more to cool off surface temps...
It has changed over to a very lite snow for me again now too. Just went out side to check.

Small water dots are visible on the pavestone. We must be just a touch over freezing right now.
wxman666

perk wrote:
jeff wrote:Really starting to look like US 59 from Wharton to downtown and 20 miles either side is going to be one location that is going to get some higher totals. Constant banding in this region

Jeff i live in Richmond, Crabb River Rd and 762. We've been getting freezing rain for hours.
I have some good friends in that area. Please let us know of any road problems.
Ready for severe weather season!!
kwoodwx

Still very lite frozen drizzle in kingwood area. Have to cover streetlight with my hand to see it, haha
clute28

TexasBreeze wrote:You're taking the lack of frozen precip real lightly clute! hehehe I will be upset if I don't see any real snow falling in the air!
Oh man I'm having a blast. Reguardless..I'm sitting outside in a lawnchair darting bluebell ice cream!(cookies n cream)
  • Information