Weather Forum Suggestions. Post Them Here!

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

ThunderMan wrote:Suggestion -- It's GREAT to have the picture capability again, but is it possible to add a Javascript to "Restrict" the original size of the image, such as Storm2k uses? It doesn't affect the actual photo, it just resizes it on the message board itself. I know that script works fine, because I use it on some of my sites.. That way the pictures are automatically reduced to a certain size, and if one wants to view the full resolution, they just click on the link and voila.

We are working on that. ;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Mr. T

When using the default skin, there is no quote box when using the "quote" code around another post, which makes it hard to read between the quoted post and the actual post, especially if it is a very large quote. It isn't too big of a deal, because any other skin besides the default skin fixes this issue, but perhaps there is some "code" or something missing with the quote boxes on the "bim" skin.

Also, "bim" doesn't show who's online until you are in a thread for some reason, but that isn't really a big deal, either... :P
Last edited by Mr. T on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mr. T

Here's what I mean

Default skin "bim"
2.jpg
"prosilver" skin
1.jpg
Again, not a big deal, since you can just switch skins to fix this, but I figured it would be something to look into for people who still want to use "bim"...
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alright folks. We’ve had some time to check under the hood, kick the tires and drive the new platform around the block for awhile. This is your Weather Forum. With all the new features, we are hoping for some suggestions. Post them here!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
tjelliot

I know that the NWS has a page to explain all the acronyms they use, but instead of having to always go over to their site, it might be easier to have a box at the top of this site for some of the more common acronyms used here. Just a thought. :idea:
Cycloneye

Hi to the administrators here.I suggest a separated tropical forum or hurricane central one to accomodate all related to the tropics.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cycloneye wrote:Hi to the administrators here.I suggest a separated tropical forum or hurricane central one to accomodate all related to the tropics.
Welcome Cycloneye. We are working on a Hurricane Central sub forum at this time. Look forward to your input from PR and others in the Caribbean as well during Tropical Season. ;)

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
  • Information