August 2021: Major Hurricane Ida/SE Louisiana Landfall

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

Right now it looks like it wants to take the same path as Fred. Double whammy for Florida possibly? Time will tell
txbear

Stratton20 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:47 pm Scott747 jesus christ dude I wasnt attacking you... I was simply stating that its too early to know where 95L will track, there are alot of questions that remain to be answered with this system, you really need to calm down
Simmer down. You harp on model run after model run, but when someone points out something that is in contrast to what you want or do, you are all up in arms.

I would also ease up on “not attacking” Scott. I would suggest you go back and read some of the posts from this extremely knowledgeable hurricane veteran before piping off.
Stratton20

Im not here to argue with yall, how about we all stop with the negative comments, Scott747 if it seemed like I offended or attacked you then im sorry because I had no intention of it, Im just a pretty opinionated person lol, lets just get back to watching the tropics and discussing what may happen down the rod with 95L🙂
Texaspirate11

How many canes have you been in Stratton?
Im just curious. I love your passion but there are many of us who have experience yet always learning.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
Stratton20

TexasPirate11 Ive been through Ike, , Rita and Harvey as Hurricanes, as for tropical storms, Allison, BIll and Imelda so definitely not as many as some people on here
Texaspirate11

Stratton20 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 pm TexasPirate11 Ive been through Ike, , Rita and Harvey as Hurricanes, as for tropical storms, Allison, BIll and Imelda so definitely not as many as some people on here
Okay then you know how models work, and canes can turn on a dime.
The bottom line to all of this is to prepare and watch. learn and hope for the best :-)
Thanks for the quick response!
Stratton20

TexasPirate11 exactly! Hope nothing comes our way, but we still always have to watch, especially since the gulf sea temps are approaching 90 degrees widespread, that is concerning
Texaspirate11

Stratton20 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:32 pm TexasPirate11 exactly! Hope nothing comes our way, but we still always have to watch, especially since the gulf sea temps are approaching 90 degrees widespread, that is concerning
Its toasty all right -
yikes.......
we should always be prepared all year round - as snowmaggedon taught us.
I think I worked harder after that disaster that than any cane thrown at us....
Our wx isn't for the faint of heart, right?
Stratton20

Texaspirate11 absolutely its not for the faint of heart , we got alot to track in the coming days , looks like a busy next 2 weeks potentially in the tropics
Texaspirate11

Yup so we just need to chill - prepare and I know watching is the "fun" part (if one can describe it as that)
I know I'll be busy.....take care Stratton!
Stratton20

Texaspirate11 take care as well!
Stratton20

Thats a pretty big flare up of thunderstorms on the yucatan pennisula , are those just general thunderstorms?
Cpv17

95L now up to 60%.
DoctorMu

Stratton20 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:21 pm TexasPirate11 Ive been through Ike, , Rita and Harvey as Hurricanes, as for tropical storms, Allison, BIll and Imelda so definitely not as many as some people on here
Allison? So, you'll be a 21 year old Freshman at A&M?
Stratton20

DoctorMu Ill be 21 on August 29th and no I will be a Junior at A&M
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stratton20 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:47 pm Scott747 jesus christ dude I wasnt attacking you... I was simply stating that its too early to know where 95L will track, there are alot of questions that remain to be answered with this system, you really need to calm down
Hey there Stratton20. Clearly you have absolutely no idea who you are dealing with and the years of experience and expertise that Scott747 brings to our Weather Community. I suggest you dial back your rhetoric and learn something about the dynamics of this board and its extremely knowledgeable members. It's ok to be enthusiastic, but it's something totally different when you tell someone to chill out and relax when you do not like what was stated. Walk gently young man. Understood?
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Stratton20

95L is an interesting story tonight, from what it seems their could possibly be a relocation of whatever center is their to the SW, I see the exposed center with all of the convection to the SW of the storm where their does seem to be a mid level center , if this relocation happens then 95L would take a further track south in the caribbean , at least thats what I see, opinions are welcomed🙂
Scott747

Sounds like a good amount of recon data is being assimilated into the 0z runs tonight. Should increase the confidence for the Fred forecast and could also help out in the mid range with 95l.
Cpv17

I believe 95L is going to be one of those usual cases where models had development in the extremely long fantasy range but then dropped it only to pick it back up again in the short range. I see this scenario all the time with models. Kinda like during the winter when models show an Artic blast in the long range and then drop it and then pick back up on it in the short.
Stratton20

It seems like the GFS is having a really hard time picking up on 95L, I dont know why that is, is it not picking up on the convection associated with 95L?
  • Information