September 2021: Hurricane Nicholas

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Kingwood36

Well after Harvey hit that winter we had snow....soooooooo...maybe after nick we will have...do I dare say it?
djmike

Ok Nicholas is back on the coast per 1pm update. Im sure another center reformation? Also chances of it going back out into the water. Its already RIGHT THERE.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Kingwood36 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:47 pm Well after Harvey hit that winter we had snow....soooooooo...maybe after nick we will have...do I dare say it?
Ha. I was just about to post about this. Fingers crossed for a winter treat now that Nicholas said hello. ;)

Looks like you got a good hit down near Freeport last night, Kingwood. Hope the cleanup and recovery down there is quick for you all. Not much rain here in Katy, but lost power for a few hours overnight with wind gusts 40-50mph. Nice fall'ish day outside today. Ready to put the tropics to bed for us and look forward to fronts, football and playoff baseball (Astros).
Blake
Boomer Sooner
sambucol

Belmer wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm
Kingwood36 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:47 pm Well after Harvey hit that winter we had snow....soooooooo...maybe after nick we will have...do I dare say it?
Ha. I was just about to post about this. Fingers crossed for a winter treat now that Nicholas said hello. ;)

Looks like you got a good hit down near Freeport last night, Kingwood. Hope the cleanup and recovery down there is quick for you all. Not much rain here in Katy, but lost power for a few hours overnight with wind gusts 40-50mph. Nice fall'ish day outside today. Ready to put the tropics to bed for us and look forward to fronts, football and playoff baseball (Astros).
I am looking forward to winter this year. And snow!
snowman65

the center isnt even over land...i guess this isnt over yet for us or east of us
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

snowman65 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:19 pm the center isnt even over land...i guess this isnt over yet for us or east of us
No worries of restrengthening. Flooding threat continues for extreme southeast Texas (gradually shifting east) and Louisiana.
djmike

Overall Im pleased with the outcome here in the Golden Triangle. I got 6.18” so far and still misty. No flooding. Sporadic outages but no damage. Heard transformers popping this morning but all have stopped now. Hopefully those that got damage are ok and prayers for them. Now…on to fall… whens the next possible front??
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
djmike

Not that it means anything but the CoC looks to be moving do east on radar rather than NE like track shows. I know the structure is pretty much gone but if he moves back over open water, which is possible, this does mean that he once again might pull bands of rain onshore off the gulf twards extreme SETX and well into Louisiana . JMO.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
redneckweather

Alright, enough of this tropical weather crap. It's mid September. I know that first good cool front is lurking around the corner. Where's it at srain? :) Not seeing a whole lot per GFS.
ajurcat

Yep, I remember snow the winters after a a storm.
Thank you everyone for the updates. You guys are my weather go-to for direct, no-nonsense information.
  • Information