Onshore flow is really cranking up! I’ve had some wind gust over 20mph
Iceresistance

Gusts to 30 right now . . .
DoctorMu

S 20
G 30 mph here in CLL

More like an early Spring Day.
don

Cpv17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:28 am Looking like a central Texas rain event coming up. Not sure we’ll see much around here.
Yep,alot is going to depend on how far south the front is once the remnant energy moves into the state.The closer to the coast the frontal boundary is at that time, the higher potential for heavy rainfall there is for us.Right now though models are temporarily stalling the frontal boundary in north and west Texas,which would keep the heaviest rain away from us as the remnants ride the frontal boundary northeast into the state.And by the time the front finally does get a push from a trough and moves towards the coast,the remnants are sheared out by then.And we dry out quickly due to the northwest flow aloft after the front moves through.On the bright side at least most of us should see a few drops of rain this week but I wouldn't expect more than an inch at the most for us.Maybe two inches if you're lucky LOL :P
Stratton20

Crossing my fingers that the front gets further south then what the models are showing, id love some heavy rain!
Kingwood36

I'm sick of the rain my yard is a mud pit..yall can have it
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 pm I'm sick of the rain my yard is a mud pit..yall can have it
How? It’s barely rained in your area since Nic, right? Takes that long to dry out there?
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:46 pm
Kingwood36 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 pm I'm sick of the rain my yard is a mud pit..yall can have it
How? It’s barely rained in your area since Nic, right? Takes that long to dry out there?
We've only had a couple of decent rains since mid-August.

There's a frontal/dry line forming in West Texas. It *might* reach College Station by midnight. We'll see. The Frontier folks installing new lines dug in the yard and during installation. We repaired 2 sectors, 2 sections are still out. It's Brown Patch and Weed Season now. Do not like to run the sprinklers or drag the hose around the backyard any more. We have sodium in the city water. It's soft, but alkaline.

As Nick Saban would say - that water is "rat poison." It means I have to apply more iron and more fertilizer to keep plants, grass happy. I've already deposited a layer of fungicide last weekend. Time to put more pre-emergence herbicide down.

Really feels like a humid early May day instead of October. Multiple days of ≥70°F dewpoints ahead before relief in Friday.

Good to see the Ags take a few more years off Saban's career last night! :lol:
Kingwood36

I'm in freeport remember lol it's rained since nick lol
Cpv17

Kingwood36 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 pm
I'm in freeport remember lol it's rained since nick lol
I know that lol but when? I don’t remember anything significant happening around there since the hurricane.
  • Information