February 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Stratton20

Jasons2k try logging out of the site and logging in again, thats odd
TexasBreeze

jasons2k wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:25 pm
Cpv17 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:10 am
jasons2k wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:15 am

Go stand outside in it for three hours nonstop in the dark and then tell me what you think. If you still like that you need to get your head checked 😆😆😆
30-40 degree weather can be miserable if you just sit there and don’t do anything but if you’re working I’d much rather prefer it than 90+ degrees with killer dp’s.
95 is about the cutoff for me now. Fortunately we won't have to deal with that for a few months!

As an aside - does anyone else have an issue on this site where the page keeps scrolling down?? That and that darn clock setting is about to drive me nuts.
Yes I have those same issues too. Been going on a long while now.
jasons2k

And here it is...sorry for the Mets but the facts are the facts...

Wed: 31 degree bust
Wed night: 19 degree bust
Thu: 24 degree bust

And the cherry on top is we had significantly less precip than forecast too.
Attachments
Image 2-21-22 at 8.45 PM.jpeg
Image 2-21-22 at 8.45 PM.jpeg (57.39 KiB) Viewed 2448 times
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:00 pm And here it is...sorry for the Mets but the facts are the facts...

I’m tired of looking at the models and seeing all the rain go north and east of us..time after time after time. Tennessee and Kentucky are constantly in the bullseye. We’re gonna need some dang rain around here.
jasons2k

I posted a first draft of this earlier but here is the full version I just posted on S2K:

So, I have to tell y'all...
I think last night was the coldest my body has ever been. We were at my youngest's baseball game, out in it for 3 hours. I layered-up as best as I could and it was still miserable in that cold wind. I had 5 layers on top and two layers on the bottom. I'm not kidding - I went prepared. But the cold, wet wind still cut right through like a knife. The fields are open and windy. I simply could not get warm or even comfortable. By the time we got back to my wife's vehicle with heated seats, my feet and hands were completely numb. And that was a strange feeling - they felt like bricks on the extremities.

I have lived in Lubbock on the high plains, frequented the New Mexico mountains in winter…and have never felt that cold before. I remember in Lubbock one time it was so cold my tires lost pressure and deflated and I had to change tires in the snow/cold, and I had pour anti-freeze radiator fluid in my car to get it started. This topped it all (although to be fair was out in the elements for a shorter time back then). Every single one of us out there last night was so glad when it was over. We are all ready for baseball weather. Thank goodness we have a warmup in the forecast and March is the beginning of the meteorological spring!!!
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:00 pm And here it is...sorry for the Mets but the facts are the facts...

The shallow cold air definitely overperformed (as expected). Today's cold rain would be been an icy mess just 2-3 weeks ago.

Waco was slippery and icy, but manageable.

Hoping for an abatement of the rain this afternoon, so I can walk the dog.
DoctorMu

Cpv17 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:10 pm

I’m tired of looking at the models and seeing all the rain go north and east of us..time after time after time. Tennessee and Kentucky are constantly in the bullseye. We’re gonna need some dang rain around here.
Yeah, I hope the cap is weak for you in March and April (but not so weak that twisters form). Today is a wet mess up in CLL. However, I'd rather save this rain for July and August when we are parched.
DoctorMu

jasons2k wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:33 pm I posted a first draft of this earlier but here is the full version I just posted on S2K:

So, I have to tell y'all...
I think last night was the coldest my body has ever been. We were at my youngest's baseball game, out in it for 3 hours. I layered-up as best as I could and it was still miserable in that cold wind. I had 5 layers on top and two layers on the bottom. I'm not kidding - I went prepared. But the cold, wet wind still cut right through like a knife. The fields are open and windy. I simply could not get warm or even comfortable. By the time we got back to my wife's vehicle with heated seats, my feet and hands were completely numb. And that was a strange feeling - they felt like bricks on the extremities.

I have lived in Lubbock on the high plains, frequented the New Mexico mountains in winter…and have never felt that cold before. I remember in Lubbock one time it was so cold my tires lost pressure and deflated and I had to change tires in the snow/cold, and I had pour anti-freeze radiator fluid in my car to get it started. This topped it all (although to be fair was out in the elements for a shorter time back then). Every single one of us out there last night was so glad when it was over. We are all ready for baseball weather. Thank goodness we have a warmup in the forecast and March is the beginning of the meteorological spring!!!
Thermals!!

That reminds me. I've lived in Illinois, VA, NC, etc. before SE Texas, but the coldest I've every been was without thermals at a night football game at LSU, believe it or not.

Fog

31°F

Wind about 20-25 mph steady. It was almost like swimming in frigid water. lol

We had thermals and layers and gloves outside Chicago. Not a problem.
Cpv17

This weather the past few days has been awesome and exciting for me. I’m definitely gonna miss it and already can’t wait for next winter. Hoping we get a lot of rain and storms to track between now and then and hopefully at least a couple more fronts in March or April.
Cpv17

DoctorMu wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:08 pm

The shallow cold air definitely overperformed (as expected). Today's cold rain would be been an icy mess just 2-3 weeks ago.

Waco was slippery and icy, but manageable.

Hoping for an abatement of the rain this afternoon, so I can walk the dog.
Today would’ve been an epic event if only it were 10 degrees colder.
  • Information