RIP Hurakan/Lew Fincher

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

We lost a titan in the SE Texas Tropical Weather Community this past weekend. Lew was a member here on Wx Infinity and a friend to many of us. Lew was active in shaping the way that SE TX and the entire Texas Coast responds to Hurricane threats dating back to the 1990's. Lew was a master historian of Texas Hurricanes and was active in preserving that data. Lew struggled graciously and tirelessly from a pulmonary disease that left him permanently attached to O2 to survive. Lew was a SE Texas native and we will miss him greatly, but are thankful for the extended years he had due to the miracle of modern medicine.
Attachments
FRM9SjpXsAAFpht.jpeg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
869MB

I didn't know he was a member on here but I did follow him on Twitter. I do remember my wife and I met him at a Houston/Galveston Hurricane Workshop a few years ago at the George R. Brown Convention Center. He was sitting at the same table as us and I remember him telling us stories while we were there. He was really friendly toward us.
jasons2k

This is a sad loss. RIP Lew.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It was such an honor to know Lew who was a great tropical weather person with great discussions.
Iceresistance

Never knew he was a member here, it's a huge shame for his family. :(

EDIT: I've thought that the username would be the same here, but "Hurakan" on S2K is different.
Stratton20

Never knew him because I havent been around on this board as long, but condolences to his family, he seemed like a great guy who was very knowledgeable in the weather world!
  • Information