December 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Iceresistance

You should see Larry Cosgrove's forecast :shock:
Stratton20

Some of the 12z GEFS members get interesting around the same time frame Larry is talking about, December could get interesting around here
Cpv17

I would like to see the ridging in the long range over the Aleutians move east towards the GOA/western Canada. Not liking what I’m seeing there. It’s not positioned in the right place.
sambucol

I messaged Larry Cosgrove, and asked home what he thought the weather might be for our part of Texas for Dec 9 & 10. I am
part of an outdoor Christmas performance those 2 nights. He said he was leaning to cloudy, cold, and drizzly with frozen precipitation not being too far north, but it’s early to be specific.
Cpv17

sambucol wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:16 pm I messaged Larry Cosgrove, and asked home what he thought the weather might be for our part of Texas for Dec 9 & 10. I am
part of an outdoor Christmas performance those 2 nights. He said he was leaning to cloudy, cold, and drizzly with frozen precipitation not being too far north, but it’s early to be specific.
Well for now the models and the CPC are keeping the colder air in the northern half of the country but we’ll see how that holds up.
snowman65

Right need the CPC is the most believable to me
Cpv17

snowman65 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:17 am Right need the CPC is the most believable to me
They’re kinda contradicting themselves right now though with their 8-14 day outlook to their 3-4 week outlook.
Stratton20

I unfortunately dont agree with the 8-14 day outlook, your not going to get any cold air down here with the SE ridge flexing its muscle, no chance at all, i expect it to trend back to warmer than normal unfortunately
Cpv17

Stratton20 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:52 am I unfortunately dont agree with the 8-14 day outlook, your not going to get any cold air down here with the SE ridge flexing its muscle, no chance at all, i expect it to trend back to warmer than normal unfortunately
It all depends on where the EPO ridging sets up. If it sets up in the same area it did with this last cold spell then we’ll have a much better chance but from what I saw yesterday it looks like the ridging wants to setup over the Aleutians which would favor a -PNA and promote a SE ridge.
  • Information