November 2022

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
User avatar
don
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Heights
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by don » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am

Spotty heavy rain is already starting to move into the metro area.We need to watch the impulse south of San Antonio moving towards SE Texas along the 59 corridor.That looks to be the catalyst for storms later this afternoon along with the warm and cold fronts.
Attachments
canvas.png

Cpv17
Posts: 3604
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 am

don wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am
Spotty heavy rain is already starting to move into the metro area.We need to watch the impulse south of San Antonio moving towards SE Texas along the 59 corridor.That looks to be the catalyst for storms later this afternoon along with the warm and cold fronts.
It’ll be interesting to see where it sets up. It’ll be dependent upon where the warm front is I would imagine. The 12z HRRR had it setup just north of the 59 corridor.

User avatar
don
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Heights
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by don » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 am

Cpv17 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 am
don wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am
Spotty heavy rain is already starting to move into the metro area.We need to watch the impulse south of San Antonio moving towards SE Texas along the 59 corridor.That looks to be the catalyst for storms later this afternoon along with the warm and cold fronts.
It’ll be interesting to see where it sets up. It’ll be dependent upon where the warm front is I would imagine. The 12z HRRR had it setup just north of the 59 corridor.
Yep I agree where the warm front stalls will probably be the track the impulse takes.And the area of heaviest rain today.

Cpv17
Posts: 3604
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:00 am

don wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 am
Cpv17 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 am
don wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am
Spotty heavy rain is already starting to move into the metro area.We need to watch the impulse south of San Antonio moving towards SE Texas along the 59 corridor.That looks to be the catalyst for storms later this afternoon along with the warm and cold fronts.
It’ll be interesting to see where it sets up. It’ll be dependent upon where the warm front is I would imagine. The 12z HRRR had it setup just north of the 59 corridor.
Yep I agree where the warm front stalls will probably be the track the impulse takes.And the area of heaviest rain today.
There actually could be quite a few areas that don’t get much of anything today. Rain looks a lot more widespread tomorrow.

User avatar
don
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Heights
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by don » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:39 am

...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 215 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.

* WHERE...A portion of southeast Texas, including the following
counties, Galveston and Harris.

* WHEN...Until 215 PM CST.

* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Water over roadways.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1108 AM CST, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges
indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. This will cause
urban and small stream flooding. Between 2 and 3 inches of
rain have fallen.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Northern Pasadena, northwestern Baytown, northern
Friendswood, Deer Park, Clear Lake, Channelview, South Belt /
Ellington, Highlands, San Jacinto State Park, northeastern
Houston Ship Channel and Ellington Field.
- http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.

Be aware of your surroundings and do not drive on flooded roads.

User avatar
djmike
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: BEAUMONT, TX
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by djmike » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:57 am

Setup will probably be over Beaumont! 🦃🦃🦃
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)

User avatar
snowman65
Posts: 1044
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Orange, Tx
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by snowman65 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:20 pm

Happy warm, humid, muggy, rainy, miserable southeast Texas Thanksgiving 🤣🤣🤣

Cpv17
Posts: 3604
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: El Campo/Wharton
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by Cpv17 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:20 pm

djmike wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:57 am
Setup will probably be over Beaumont! 🦃🦃🦃
Almost always is.

User avatar
don
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm
Location: Heights
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by don » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:08 pm

The impulse that was south of San Antonio earlier is about to enter the metro area.
Attachments
cavcnvas.png

Stratton20
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:35 pm
Location: College Station, Texas
Contact:

Re: November 2022

Post by Stratton20 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:34 pm

The end of the 12z Euro has my interest 👀

Post Reply