2023 Hurricane Season Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Cpv17

jasons2k wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:33 am We need to keep an eye on this one.
For sure, Jason! That one has had my attention since yesterdays 12z runs.
Stratton20

Of course the system will stay south of us, yet another tease by the models, at this point ill believe rain when i see it falling from the sky, what an absolute joke, mother nature is about to catch these hands lol
sambucol

Yes. That’s the one I’m most concerned about.
captainbarbossa19

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:42 am Of course the system will stay south of us, yet another tease by the models, at this point ill believe rain when i see it falling from the sky, what an absolute joke, mother nature is about to catch these hands lol
Careful what you wish for. Sometimes mother nature is cruel in ways other than drought to us. She often flips the switch in the blink of an eye at the most unexpected time.
don

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:42 am Of course the system will stay south of us, yet another tease by the models, at this point ill believe rain when i see it falling from the sky, what an absolute joke, mother nature is about to catch these hands lol
Keep in mind everyone in the state needs the rain.Whether it came to SE Texas or not,someone in the state was gonna loose out on beneficial rains regardless.It just happens to be us this time LOL.
Last edited by don on Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

sambucol wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:53 am
I don’t think that one will make it into the Gulf.
user:null

Texas is cursed, and the curse has spread well into Louisiana and Mississippi for the time being. It's impossible to get good trends here, nothing good ever happens, impossible. The EURO is "the most accurate model" but it will flop and fail if it means the detrimental solution verifies here.
brazoriatx

As a wise man once said.....

NEXT...
captainbarbossa19

user:null wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:12 pm
Texas is cursed, and the curse has spread well into Louisiana and Mississippi for the time being. It's impossible to get good trends here, nothing good ever happens, impossible. The EURO is "the most accurate model" but it will flop and fail if it means the detrimental solution verifies here.
Yeah it's supposed to be around 100 here in Starkville again next week. Not liking this weather pattern for much of the South. Eventually the ridge will break down though. The question is how many more weeks or heaven forbid months will it take for something to change.
Stratton20

:mrgreen: Yep, im waving the white flag on this gulf system, but until that high breaks down for good, i dont even think the tropics are going to help much either, El nino really needs to start kicking in fast before fires start becoming a very serious problem across the state and here in se texas locally
NEXT!
davidiowx

I know we are all desperate for rain but it is not wise to wave the flag on this one yet. Things could change tonight/tomorrow. If we are sitting here Sunday and it's the same then we can likely say this one isn't going to help the rain situation.
cperk

davidiowx wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:35 pm I know we are all desperate for rain but it is not wise to wave the flag on this one yet. Things could change tonight/tomorrow. If we are sitting here Sunday and it's the same then we can likely say this one isn't going to help the rain situation.
A voice of reason.
jasons2k

mcheer23 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:03 pm
sambucol wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:53 am
I don’t think that one will make it into the Gulf.
Unfortunately the ensembles pull it north. I’m hoping for a sheared mess to sneak along for later. We’ll see.
Stratton20

Im not sure that yellow lemonade is the spot to watch near the antilles, seems like the one models are picking up on is a CAG setup, will see if the NHC highlights it soon since models and ensembles are moving up development inside of 192-216 hours, will see about that one, could be a gulf threat or could just get yanked north and then NNE by a trough

Gulf spot up to 40% now but still not coming here
Stormlover2020

Gfs ha late October pattern don’t buy that one bit
txsnowmaker

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:06 pm Im not sure that yellow lemonade is the spot to watch near the antilles, seems like the one models are picking up on is a CAG setup, will see if the NHC highlights it soon since models and ensembles are moving up development inside of 192-216 hours, will see about that one, could be a gulf threat or could just get yanked north and then NNE by a trough

Per ABC 13 those other systems will steer well clear of the United States…

“All of these would track to the northwest with no threat to land.“

https://abc13.com/hurricane-season-trop ... /13303907/
don

txsnowmaker wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:26 pm
Stratton20 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:06 pm Im not sure that yellow lemonade is the spot to watch near the antilles, seems like the one models are picking up on is a CAG setup, will see if the NHC highlights it soon since models and ensembles are moving up development inside of 192-216 hours, will see about that one, could be a gulf threat or could just get yanked north and then NNE by a trough

We're talking about the system that's about to enter the Gulf,that one WILL impact land.

The only hope for us locally in SE Texas would be the ridge being weaker early next week than what models show right now,allowing a last minute turn to the right up the coast. (Claudette 2003,Beta 2020,Nicholas 2021 as examples)

I'll like to see some model runs once this is an invest before i close the door completely on it though.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

don wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:33 pm
txsnowmaker wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:26 pm

We're talking about the system that's about to enter the Gulf,that one WILL impact land.

The only hope for us locally in SE Texas would be the ridge being weaker early next week than what models show right now,allowing a last minute turn to the right up the coast. (Claudette 2003,Beta 2020,Nicholas 2021 as examples)

I'll like to see some model runs once this is an invest before i close the door completely on it though.

For those of us who grew up watching Dr. Neil Frank at the NHC (and on KHOU), always trust his words. Never ever close your eyes on any system until it has dissipated. With all due respect to those fine young folks at Channel 13, I will place my trust who someone who has seen it all.
Stratton20

Why is the development zone for the GULF system still including the upper texas coast? Im very surprised the nhc hasn’t shifted that zone south
don

Stratton20 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:45 pm Why is the development zone for the GULF system still including the upper texas coast? Im very surprised the nhc hasn’t shifted that zone south
Margin of error.Even if chances are small there's always a chance the system could develop further north or south than what the models currently show.Better to be safe than sorry.
  • Information