February Weather Discussion. Wild Winter Storms?

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
rnmm

Does anyone know how it is in Baytown? My mom is at work over there and has to drive home this evening. She will be heading home between 7-8 PM. Thank you guys, she can't get on the internet at work to look for herself.
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
nuby3

Snow and sleet, nw woodlands.. looks like a heavier shower is moving in soon
ticka1

rnmm wrote:Does anyone know how it is in Baytown? My mom is at work over there and has to drive home this evening. She will be heading home between 7-8 PM. Thank you guys, she can't get on the internet at work to look for herself.
Baytown is fine. Was raining now its just misting. Should be no problems going home.

Check out Transtar and the regional cameras - you can see who is getting snow and who isn't....I just checked alot of them out. Hempstead got quite a bit of snow on the ground.....surprising....
HouTXmetro

I'm watching the radar and honestly it's not lloking good for areas around and south of I-10. The WIndow for snow is closing as the precip is moves east. Nothern areas still look good at the moment.
dac

Huge snowflakes at 2920 and Becker Rd in Hockley
houstongirl

We've dropped to 37 here on the far NW side. A little sleet is finally mixing in with the rain. I can see it bouncing off my grill cover outside.
txsnowmaker

HouTXmetro wrote:I'm watching the radar and honestly it's not lloking good for areas around and south of I-10. The WIndow for snow is closing as the precip is moves east. Nothern areas still look good at the moment.
Don't worry, the rain/snow line will be moving into the city around 6 pm with precip lingering around for a while.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some snow mixing in now with rain in NW Harris County.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
dac

And now some nice flakes in Tomball!
sleetstorm

[quote="rnmm"]Does anyone know how it is in Baytown? My mom is at work over there and has to drive home this evening. She will be heading home between 7-8 PM. Thank you guys, she can't get on the internet at work to look for herself.[/quote

Baytown is still getting just a cold rain, rnmm. Patience is what is needed my friend. Do not worry because as Mr. T stated, the snow is on its way, gradually but surely.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

txsnowmaker wrote:
HouTXmetro wrote:I'm watching the radar and honestly it's not lloking good for areas around and south of I-10. The WIndow for snow is closing as the precip is moves east. Nothern areas still look good at the moment.
Don't worry, the rain/snow line will be moving into the city around 6 pm with precip lingering around for a while.
Yea see that is the thing I don't believe that their will be moisture here around 6pm. Or at least not enough for more than a few snowflakes.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ticka1 wrote:Temp on the KHOU page just dropped to 42 - it was 45.
That 7-8pm was for southwest Houston and extreme northern Brazoria. Add another 2-4 hours onto that for TX City.
rnmm

sleetstorm wrote:
rnmm wrote:Does anyone know how it is in Baytown? My mom is at work over there and has to drive home this evening. She will be heading home between 7-8 PM. Thank you guys, she can't get on the internet at work to look for herself.[/quote

Baytown is still getting just a cold rain, rnmm. Patience is what is needed my friend. Do not worry because as Mr. T stated, the snow is on its way, gradually but surely.

Oh I apologize as I am not trying to be impatient, was just wondering what the roads would be for my mom's drive home....
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
wxdata
Site Admin
Site Admin

HGX: Bryan [Brazos Co, TX] emergency mngr reports SNOW of E3.0 INCH at 04:36 PM CST -- 3 inches of snow accumulation reported in bryan through 430 pm.
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

rnmm wrote:Does anyone know how it is in Baytown? My mom is at work over there and has to drive home this evening. She will be heading home between 7-8 PM. Thank you guys, she can't get on the internet at work to look for herself.
Just wet roads. No issue with icing on roads anywhere. Temps will remain above freezing there.
nuby3

BEAUTIFUL!!! BIG WET FLAKES coming down nw the woodlands!! HUGE FLAKES!!
brazoria_county22

is this all for the preicp? there aint nothing behind after this...
txsnowmaker

brazoria_county22 wrote:is this all for the preicp? there aint nothing behind after this...

No. There is more coming. Check out what the pro mets are saying on this board as well as on the local tv stations.
weatherguy425
Pro Met
Pro Met

No... the ULL is moving into central texas and until that move east of here we will likely have light precip as lift increases
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moderate sleet now in NW Harris County.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
  • Information