Post Tropical Cyclone Debby. Exiting E Over The Atlantic

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

NHC 7:00 PM Advisory: Stationary slight decrease in pressure to 1000mb.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Katdaddy wrote:Yes he was totally thus I had to post. Find it interesting that for once he is on the side of the NHC. Of course I hope he is completely wrong. Usually way over hypes tropical event. He is however very good with long range pattern recognitions.

Well I hope he is right in long range pattern recognitions. Because Bastardi is forecasting an extremely cold winter this year. Similar to 57-58. ;)

Okay, I know that wasn't about Debby. Just thought I would make that comment. :roll:
Blake
Boomer Sooner
perk

Katdaddy wrote:Yes he was totally thus I had to post. Find it interesting that for once he is on the side of the NHC. Of course I hope he is completely wrong. Usually way over hypes tropical event. He is however very good with long range pattern recognitions.

You're right Joe is rarely in line with the NHC,and on occasion over hypes tropical events,but i think he's good meteorologist.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LOL Belmer! He does throw alot out there which does not materialize in the short term. Hoping the pesky upper level low in the GOM continues to be pesky and shears Debby the next few days.
David Paul
Pro Met
Pro Met

Both Joe's and the NHC's track would carry a significant flood threat for se Texas. I'm glad we're getting some very dry days in ahead of potential threat.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

David Paul wrote:Both Joe's and the NHC's track would carry a significant flood threat for se Texas. I'm glad we're getting some very dry days in ahead of potential threat.

Not to mention if it comes in any farther north like the HWRF we could be dealing with more than just flooding. 00z run with recon data should hopefully clear up a few things.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
cisa

So rain seems to be what we're mainly expecting, right. I know it's a long way out, but give the current track.
No rain, no rainbows.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

18z HWRF has shifted north from its last run

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7517 ... 8track.png
skidog38

from the models i see, when the storm makes landfall the storm stalls?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

We will likely see the data from the Hurricane Hunter C-130 in the 00Z suite overnight. No doubt the word is getting out that Debby has formed. I suspect the full package Advisory at 10:00 will be an interesting read. It's good to see our folks back online and thanks for the updates, David and wxman57...;)
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
txflagwaver

You know...when I sold my RV in April I hesitated JUST a couple seconds...really wish I had kept it :(
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

To much analyzing tropical models and satellites all day.
Attachments
This is what happens when you analyze tropical models and satellites all day.
This is what happens when you analyze tropical models and satellites all day.
txflagwaver

We need a "like" button...lol
Alvin Girl

rnmm wrote:I do not want to sound panicked nor do I want to be accused of being panicked, but I have jumped on the "let's prepare" bandwagon myself, as I will be leaving out of state in the wee hours of Friday morning for vacation (maybe)...I figure if nothing happens then so be it, my house will just look really funny being boarded up while I am away... :lol:

I do have some canned foods, but am wondering should I get more...or am I even gonna be able to leave out on vacation...I know time will tell, just some things popping around in my head! :D

Same here - I'm supposed to be leaving Friday morning for a vacation with my family. I'm going out tonight to get a few items and make prelim preps tomorrow a.m. Like I said before, welcome the rain, not so much the wind. And thanks to everyone for running the board and providing the updates. I've been telling my Dad for days that a storm is coming our way and he had ridden it off as a FL storm - you guys provide great info :D
[byJ&J[/b]
(Alicia, Chantal, Jerry, Rita, Ike, Harvey)
my name is Jamie and I LOVE the weather!
Texashawk

Katy, start your engines!!!

:mrgreen:

Somebody had to.
txflagwaver

A part of the storm that has to be watched is the storm surge. What is the category vs storm surge rating system that was talked about after Ike?
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LOL...Katy get your engines ready. Almost as good as Ed saying IKE is not coming to the Upper TX Coast.
biggerbyte

LOL! Good answer.
sleetstorm

Yes, the is without a doubt on. Time for everyone on this forum to get this party started.

And, as always, pray for the best and prepare for the worst.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

00z models should start relatively soon. NAM is up first.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
  • Information