Kemah Boardwalk Get Together Saturday August 18th

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I have planned to meet David (VBHouTx) and Deborah Emmy Nowinski who is another weather enthusiast at the Kemah Boardwalk and decided to see if anyone else in the Houston area would like to come down. We are meeting at 11am at the Cadillac Bar on Saturday August 18th at the Kemah Boardwalk. Join us if you can we love to meet you. Hopefully the tropics will interfere ;)
ticka1

might have to join yall!!!! tropics might give us something to talk about!
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hope you can make it Ticka!
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

LOL Ed. Its also a grill that serves food. Come down if you can.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm planning on making the trip down to Kemah. Hopefully some others can join us as well.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Excellent Srain. As I posted before it would be an honor to meet you.

I know many of us know the directions to Kemah but here are the direction from I-45 South:

Take I-45 south and exit NASA Parkway Bypass. The Bay Area/Baybrook Mall exit is just before the NASA Parkway Bypass exit. This will take you East over Webster and the freeway will merge near NASA into the old NASA Rd. Keep going straight around Clear Lake, Taylor Lake, Nassu Bay to 146. It will be big the intersection next to Hooters. Turn right which will take you over the Kemah-Seabrook bridge. Just on the other side of the bridge will be street light at 6th street. Turn left into Kemah. At the top of the bridge you will see the Boardwalk along with historic Kemah off to the left. Turn left at the stop sign on 6th street and find a parking spot. The Cadillac Grill is in the middle on the Boardwalk. A fun place to visit but a great place for us local weather friends to talk about the weather and tropics.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Looks like we will have at least 10 weather fanatics meeting at the Kemah Boardwalk Cadillac tomorrow morning at 11AM. I reserved a table for 15 just in case a few more join us. I used Brian Flanakin as the reserve name but should have used Katdaddy. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. I am guessing we will be talking about the weather :)
ticka1

had a great time meeting everyone! lots of laughs and weather stories!
rnmm

I had so much fun!! I cannot wait until the next meeting!!!!! The laughs, the stories, the memories of past storms and new memories made, I couldn't ask for better weather friends to share those with!!
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It was a success today in Kemah! Its been way too long since us weather enthusiasts got together in the Houston-Galveston area. It was great seeing Srainhoutx, Ticka, Txflagwaver, Nikki , Houstonia, Deborah Emmy Nowinski and VbHouTX. Lots of laughs. Even a tropical seabreeze thundershower with CGs came by to say hello. We will do this again.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The weather fanatics.
Attachments
P8180763.JPG
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

It was a pleasure and an honor to finally meet some of our local folk and to put a face and voice with the screen names. Thank you Katdaddy for organizing this GTG (get together) and we will do this again in the not too distant future.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
Portastorm

With enough advance ... I would love to make the trip from Austin and meet everyone! :D
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

That would be great Portastorm. We discussed doing this again after hurricane season.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I just could not get away Katdaddy. I really tried. I then tried to call, but we got caught up in errands. I promise I will try when things get slower...maybe November..?
ticka1

i think november would be great! reminsce about hurricane season and talk about winter and snow!!! sorry you didnt make it tireman!
txflagwaver

It was great meeting everyone...putting a face behind the words. We do have to plan another GTG :D
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to hear everyone had fun. I wasn't in Houston unfortunately but I look forward to the next one.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
archergirl

I can't believe I missed it... I hadn't had time to check here in so long, and then couldn't even log in for some reason under the account I had for years. Remembered my alternate account from a couple of years ago, though, so here I am. :)

It sounds and looks like y'all had a great time! Patricia, please throw something this direction in case I don't see the notice for the next one!! :)
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

No worries archergirl we will do this again this year. This get together one only had a 2 week notice which is still not long enough. We have discussed another get together in the Fall. October/November. We just need to pick a date and location so everyone can begin to make plans to attend. It was a lot of fun and laughs.
  • Information