Tropical Depression Isaac:

Tropical Weather Discussions and Analysis
redneckweather

I figured I would wake up and see Isaac on the move, or at least just a little. Man, he has barely moved at all. My thoughts on Isaac and effecting our local weather...their will be none except maybe some wind gusts here and there and maybe a far reaching rain band in deep east Texas east of 45. Just because he is stuck under ridging to his north does not mean that he has to move west. He's going to stay fairly close to where he is now and maybe a wobble here and there west and northwest until a weakness opens up and he is off to the races. The euro and gfs are showing this as of now.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

First visible image: 20 minutes old...
08292012_1232_goes13_x_vis1km_high_09LISAAC_70kts-970mb-294N-905W_100pc.jpg
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

BULLETIN
HURRICANE ISAAC INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 33B
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092012
800 AM CDT WED AUG 29 2012

...ISAAC LASHING SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA WITH STRONG SQUALLS...
DANGEROUS STORM SURGE AND FLOOD THREAT FROM HEAVY RAINS LIKELY TO
CONTINUE THROUGH TODAY AND TONIGHT...

SUMMARY OF 800 AM CDT...1300 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...29.5N 90.5W
ABOUT 15 MI...20 KM ESE OF HOUMA LOUISIANA
ABOUT 40 MI...70 KM SW OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...80 MPH...130 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 310 DEGREES AT 6 MPH...9 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...970 MB...28.64 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY...

NONE.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Isaac is about to get its feet wet again...drifting Westerly it appears...

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
djmike

Ok...I'm confused, and correct me if I am wrong. The ridge of high pressure rotates clock-wise, right? If he is nudged up against the ridge of high pressure, then why isn't he shunted west? Or even southwest for that matter? And just MAYBE, according to the NHCs track (and the discussion post above) if Isaac sits there long enough, a weakness in the ridge will open up and he will then move NW. Maybe thay saw this "opening" all along. Lastnight we were all saying that there's no possible way he can go N/NW with that ridge in place...Just making an observation.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
David Paul
Pro Met
Pro Met

Hi gang- I had a great talk with Dr. Frank both on and off the air this morning. Basically he feels the ridge to the north is/will slow the storm. As the ridge to the north moves east Isaac will eventually move northwest around the western edge of the ridge. Yesterdays 00Z GFS is close to his idea of Isaacs future track. He agrees with the potential for some gusts within some rain bands along and east of I-45 could be in the 35-40mph range today and more likely tomorrow. AS ALWAYS, he points out that we live in a world of uncertainty, stay prepared. Really great to have him here this morning!
David Paul
Pro Met
Pro Met

I should add that Dr. Frank will be on @ 4-5-6 and 10pm newscasts today.
michmich

We watch you every morning, David. It was good to see Dr. Neil on today!

Thanks for the update.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thank you so much for that update David. Thanks a million to Dr Frank as well. :)
MRG93415

tireman4 wrote:Thank you so much for that update David. Thanks a million to Dr Frank as well. :)
Ditto for me...
Rip76

Long night....
Thanks for the update Mr. Paul.

"06Z GFS.....TX/LA border at 33hrs then moves up the border" (quoted from another site)

Also, I know..." it's the Nam."

Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yes, thanks very much for the update David. As Tireman posted its great to have Dr Neil Frank's input and it has been great seeing him on the newcasts the last few days. Brings back memories.
djmike

Not understanding local mets here in BPT. They are forecasting their 5 day and saying barely any rain if any at all and a possible gust of 20! BUT...according to the NWS, they have the Tropical Storm Conditions possible logo for today and tomorrow and stating an 80%-100% of rain and gust as high as 40MPH......Boy am I really confused now..Im even seeing HOU could possible get a gust or two with some rain.....SMH.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Having Dr Neil Frank being back on is like having a cool refreshing Dr Pepper after a great run that went well. Refreshing. When the rubber hits the road, I want him to break down the weather for me. He has that folksy way of explaining it that really works. Experience counts. Just my opinion. ( There are great meteorologists here on this board and on air..., just my opinion)
Texas Pirate

Thanks Mr. Paul. Its truly a comfort to see Dr Neil Frank on.
Thanks KHOU!
Rip76

Nam @ 24hr

Nam @ 36hr

I'd post a picture of me and David Paul at the hurricane conference but i'm too tired.
:)
Last edited by Rip76 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Paul
Pro Met
Pro Met

'Like a cool Dr Pepper after a great run'... INDEED! If you watched us this morning, Dr. Frank and I had about a 3 minute, relaxed discussion about the storm and how the Hurricane center handled the slow upgrade to 'hurricane' status. It's not often you get someone who can be himself on live tv and just talk. One of a kind.
wxman666

David Paul wrote:'Like a cool Dr Pepper after a great run'... INDEED! If you watched us this morning, Dr. Frank and I had about a 3 minute, relaxed discussion about the storm and how the Hurricane center handled the slow upgrade to 'hurricane' status. It's not often you get someone who can be himself on live tv and just talk. One of a kind.
I missed it this morning. :( What were his thoughts on that David?
Ready for severe weather season!!
Rip76

If Isaac passes South of Lafayette today, there's a little more water to tap into as well..
djmike

Not saying it has to do with Isaac, but my gosh....the winds sure have picked up today in Beaumont!
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
  • Information