December-Wet/Stormy New Years Eve Ahead

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Snow now falling in Ft Worth...
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

FWD reports snow mixing in Downtown Dallas now.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
unome

this has to be one for the records - from a wind chill of zero in Dalhart to 87 in Brownsville - blizzards & tornadoes at the same time... craziest christmas weather I can remember
Last edited by unome on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kludge

jasons wrote:Well, I got .10". That's a tenth of a inch. Not quite the 2.8" I was bulls-eyed for from the HPC back on page 40.
Yep. After this precip forecast bust, don't ask me what I think HPC actually stands for. :cry:
Snowman

how disappointing for Oklahoma City. What a colossal forecast bust for them! Dallas may see more snow :lol:
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

NW winds gusting to just shy of 50 MPH in College Station. I'm getting gusts in the mid 40 range from the NW at this hour.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
biggerbyte

jasons wrote:Well, I got .10". That's a tenth of a inch. Not quite the 2.8" I was bulls-eyed for from the HPC back on page 40.

You are not alone, Jasons. If you live south of 105, many of us only got that brief shower activity as the warm front moved back north. Most of the severe weather, big rain totals, and damage reports are coming from areas north of 105. My parents are on a power grid that is shared with some of those communities that did get damage. They are without power, and may be until Thursday at 6 PM, all with getting as little rain as I did. It sucks to get showers and have your power go off. That is not to say that some folks didn't get lucky with this event. You and I, and I being in an area that should have seen some activity, certainly got short-changed. Still, to be without power, and have damage to my property, especially on Christmas day... No thank you.
weatherrabbit

temps are dropping again...sitting at 45 now and no letting up in the wind. david paul saying winds will die down gradually.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

There could be some cloud cover in the Northern areas in the early evening hours...
Attachments
12252012 2225Z TX VIS latest.jpg

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
unome

from WeatherNation:

BREAKING: Large tornado on the ground in southern AL, just passed through Mobile. Seen here on the skycam from Fox 10 News. Massive wedge tornado, moving northeastward, very dangerous!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

edit to add radar
gocuse22

unome wrote:from WeatherNation:

BREAKING: Large tornado on the ground in southern AL, just passed through Mobile. Seen here on the skycam from Fox 10 News. Massive wedge tornado, moving northeastward, very dangerous!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

edit to add radar
I live in Mobile...Oh my gosh....
mckinne63

Not much rain here in Stafford today, got some, but nothing to write home about.
Wow the winds are pretty wicked now! Lost another canope on our outdoor patio set.
skidog40

clouds coming in from the west have snow in them
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

skidog40 wrote:clouds coming in from the west have snow in them

Nothing that would reach the ground. Dry!
Blake
Boomer Sooner
C2G

Yup, winds are wicked for sure. Left Friendlywood for work here on Galveston island. When I arrived the wind just started picking up, but no bite to it. Came back out 20 minutes later and the winds were howling and the temps had definitely dropped maybe 10 to 15 degrees.
gocuse22

I believe the Tornado in Mobile was an EF 3
unome

Mobile area just had an F-1 on the 20th, it's detailed on NWS Mobile's home page

the photo WeatherNation posted was from Fox 10 in Mobile, they are streaming live http://www.fox10tv.com/generic/video/LiveStream_FOX10

edit to add video of today's tornado from a Facebook poster: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=41 ... =2&theater
Last edited by unome on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weatherrabbit

our asos went crazy here @kuts. reporting light snow and a temp of 36. I have 33
TexasBreeze

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HOUSTON/GALVESTON TX
707 PM CST TUE DEC 25 2012

.UPDATE... ISSUED UPDATE TO ADD FLURRIES TO EXTREME NORTH.

&&

.DISCUSSION... WRAP AROUND CLOUDS/MOISTURE CONTINUE TO SPREAD SOUTH. SNOW FLURRIES REPORTED AT A FEW LOCATIONS NORTH OF HWY 105 SO ISSUED A QUICK UPDATE TO MENTION FLURRIES THIS EVENING. THE EVENT SHOULD BE SHORT LIVED AND NO ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED - JUST A FEW FLURRIES.
skidog40

snow watch
  • Information