Congratulations David Paul

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
cisa

I think KHOU made a great choice.
No rain, no rainbows.
David Paul
Pro Met
Pro Met

Thanks very much. I've been dreaming of this since watching Doug Johnson when I was a kid here in Houston. Looking forward to all the weather, and hopefully some snow now and then, to come. Cheers all!
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Congratulations, David!! So happy to hear the announcement on Friday. You have more than earned this new "title" and KHOU's weather department got a lot better. :mrgreen:
Blake
Boomer Sooner
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Congratulations David. You will do a fine job. I do remember Doug Johnson well. I loved his humor and laugh.
cisa

Doug Johnson. He and Ron Stone were quite a team. He was the first "weatherman" I remember and someone the people of Houston really trusted. I believe you have that in your corner as well. Now if you can find some of that snow for us, that would really be awesome:).
No rain, no rainbows.
C2G

Congratulation David. I watched mostly you during Allison. Your reports during that storm were excellent, IMO. And yes I too grew up watching Doug Johnson and Ron Stone, even watched them as a very young adult.
I firmly believe KHOU made a wise choice with you.
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

KHOU made an excellent choice! Congrats on a well deserved promotion. I too remember watching Doug Johnson and Ron Stone while growing up in Pearland. I also remember CH 11's Tom Siler "The Weather Wizard".
spadilly

Congrats David!
cristina99

Congratulations! They chose well! You do such a great job with the weather and letting us know what to expect - without a lot of hype!
  • Information