General Weather Discussions and Analysis
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Folks,
We are aware of a login issue and that everyone that logs out and then logs back in is getting a message stating that you have exceeded your login attempts. Please select Keep Me Logged In and enter in all CAPS spelling TEXAS WEATHER backwards. Doug Delony and KHOU are working to correct the issue and we have be informed that other sites are experiencing this type of issue as well. Every effort is being made to correct the problem and KHOU totally understands that with a Western Gulf tropical threat, our Weather Community will see increased traffic and even new members joining. We will not provide this detailed information on our social media feeds, but encourage our folks to spread the word to other members. Thanks you for your patience and understanding.

Steve
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

UPDATE from Doug on the Board issues this afternoon and some of what has been addressed and what will be addressed tomorrow.

A few bullet points…

>> Most users will STILL see the login error message for now and be forced to type in the CAPTCHA. I am still figuring out why. In the meantime, encourage people to use the “always stay logged in” option, and they won’t have these login issues to begin with.

>> After the morning news tomorrow I’ll again pursue these fake login attempts and see if I can reset the count to 0 for everyone… and get rid of this annoying message, but other than that the forum appears to be running fine and all of the plugins and the PHPb software itself is up to date.

Thanks,

Doug Delony I KHOU11 Web & Social Media Producer
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
rnmm

I don't have the "always stay logged in" option. Thank you for the update!! As long as I can get in, I can deal with the Captcha!! :D
My name is Nicole and I love weather!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alicia, Allison, Rita, Ike
  • Information