January: Calmer Pattern To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Be patient. Be patient. Remember, if you do not get any this round, I think (My amateur opinion) that February will give us some thrills. That is our "snowiest" month as Wxman 57 likes to say. :)
Charlster

Just dropped from 40 to 33 in the last hour. Hoping we get something out of this. My 4 1/2 year is home from school (all cancelled) and is so excited. I know we won't get snow but he was thrilled with the half inch icicles so.. Maybe something down here?
sambucol

A friend who is on the Beltway at Sheldon said ice is on the bridges there. Also, said it was snowing.

Will the NWS upgrade the advisory to a warning?
snowman65

Looking like Lake Charles area could be in for some snow fun this afternoon.
sau27

Just went outside. Moderate sleet falling and ice forming on metal surfaces here at 59 and west loop.
ticka1

tireman4 wrote:Be patient. Be patient. Remember, if you do not get any this round, I think (My amateur opinion) that February will give us some thrills. That is our "snowiest" month as Wxman 57 likes to say. :)
tireman the good news is still yet to come!! february!!
wxman57
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ticka1 wrote:
tireman4 wrote:Be patient. Be patient. Remember, if you do not get any this round, I think (My amateur opinion) that February will give us some thrills. That is our "snowiest" month as Wxman 57 likes to say. :)
We've also hit 90 in February before (1986), but I fear we won't see 90F this February...
Kingwood31

I'm getting what appears to be thin stripes of snow grains in kingwood
SusieinLP

Not much here in LaPorte but I don't think the precip has gotten here yet. Is it moving south? My thermometer shows 32 now so I guess I'll wait and see what we get :D
snowman65

Apparantly all the windows in our parking lot are iced over, but looking out of my window here at work, the rain/ice/sleet, whatever, is so fine I can't even see it. If I look at a radar, it's showing that it should be fairly heavy.....weird.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

It is slowly working its way down to you. I am thinking next hour. Be patient. The pro mets can tell you more than I can.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

wxman57 wrote:
ticka1 wrote:
We've also hit 90 in February before (1986), but I fear we won't see 90F this February...
Shoot brother, you might not see 90 in March...he he he...
jasons2k

Couple of flakes mixing-in with the sleet here. Literally a couple - I saw two.
sau27

Visibility dropping looking off toward the north toward uptown park. Definitely coming down hard.
JulieC

srainhoutx wrote:John, shouldn't you be trolling someone on Facebook instead of offering little in the way of value to our discussions here on the Weather Forum? You been extremely active in constantly pointing out why this event is a total bust. It's getting old and fast.

Thank you for saying this! Last night I was looking for real info and all I saw were a bunch of folks squabbling over the precip type. It was fairly clear that it would be frozen and dangerous, so what's the difference? As far as this being a bust, I seem to remember that from the very beginning, you all were saying it would be a middle of the day event instead of an overnight/early morning one. So it seems we are right on track in that case! Keep up the good work, we appreciate what you do.

Julie
snowman65

[We've also hit 90 in February before (1986), but I fear we won't see 90F this February...[/quote]

Shoot brother, you might not see 90 in March...he he he...[/quote]

I don't care if I EVER see 90 again :D
helloitsb

Good sleet and flurries here in Spring/Klein
Kingwood31

Getting snow flakes mixed in with sleet in kingwood as well
MRG93415

Anyone know if the temps in downtown Houston are going to get below freezing? I was just outside and it has been raining for a good bit now and the roads are very wet and I am very worried about ice down here. They are service streets so I didnt know if they are going to get iced or not...
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Coming down at a good clip in Atascocita now. Sleeting good. Starting to accumulate on the roof tops.
  • Information