JUNE 2015 -Scattered Showers/Storms To End The Month

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
unome

srainhoutx wrote:Nice burst of convection near the center suggests 91L may well be on its way to becoming TS Bill.
look at that thing !

Loop: http://tinyurl.com/NASA-Custom-Sat-WV5

edit to add: http://tinyurl.com/30-image-high-quality-loop
Last edited by unome on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wxman 57 is still delayed in Chicago.

We await his arrival just in time...:D

I'm stuck at Chicago O'Hare waiting for my return flight to Houston. Delayed 2 hrs so far, maybe more delays.

Meanwhile, Bill appears to have formed...
Ounce

If the area around Kerrville is still able to produce rain, would this area also provide the west side of the soon-to-be TS Bill with some energy after landfall?
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Any guesses as to what the first write up MPH will be? 50 MPH? 45 MPH? Very interesting as it continues to get its act together. Humm......
JamieP

50+ My pure gut feeling (no scientific data supporting this, no hype, just my personal opinion)....I feel future Bill may have a few surprises in store for us.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Just a note to all the newbies and veterans on here. The posts will start to come in fast and furious as this situation changes, stays the same or both. Remember, with respect to the mets who generously make time to be on here ( Andrew, Wxman 57, Srain, Brooks, David, Jeff and Larry), be patient with them. They will answer your questions as succinct and with much information as possible. They do not have to be here. They are here to help. Please do not get frustrated with them. Be patient and know they will give you the latest information to guide you through this.
Baseballdude2915

Center starting to take shape, but not clear enough to nail down a track. Extrapolation looks like Matagorda all the way.
GBinGrimes

Amen tireman4. Amen.

Thank you so very much to the pros that keep us so very well informed.
ticka1

And I am going to go ahead and say it - A BIG THANK YOU TO KHOU and all the PROFESSIONALS that Tireman4 listed! And the ADMIN and MODERATORS here - ya'll make this a great forum to get information from - THANK YOU AGAIN.
Last edited by ticka1 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellybell4770

tireman4 wrote:Just a note to all the newbies and veterans on here. The posts will start to come in fast and furious as this situation changes, stays the same or both. Remember, with respect to the mets who generously make time to be on here ( Andrew, Wxman 57, Srain, Brooks, David, Jeff and Larry), be patient with them. They will answer your questions as succinct and with much information as possible. They do not have to be here. They are here to help. Please do not get frustrated with them. Be patient and know they will give you the latest information to guide you through this.

thank you so very much for your help and time - it is most appreciated :)
Satan is bad. Jesus is good. Be like Jesus.
cperk

ticka1 wrote:And I am going to go ahead and say it - A BIG THANK YOU TO KHOU and all the PROFESSIONALS that Tireman4 listed! And the ADMIN and MODERATORS here - ya'll make this a great forum to get information from - THANK YOU AGAIN.
Ditto!
JamieP

Yes, thank you to all the pros! This is the first place I visit for the latest information. As always, keep up the great work.
texasrattler
Location: Richmond, Fort Bend County (Grand Parkway & Mason Road)

Nice blow-up of convection on the latest satellite. Does the clearing towards the center indicate a center of circulation is forming or is it just an anomaly?

srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Typically when we see a convective 'hot tower' near the center, the low level circulation contracts or support strengthening. Also we may be witnessing a cyclone becoming vertically stacked meaning the center is consolidating thus getting stronger.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
GBinGrimes

I work in the IT field and typically new and "instantaneously at your fingers" technology means all sorts of trouble for the systems and people that I manage. But, this instant information weather stuff is fascinating and so very helpful.

The storm that is soon to be named Bill could get very interesting very quickly.
jasons2k

The biggest issue I have is the first advisory will come so late in the day, there is very little time for businesses to react and communicate tomorrow's plans to employees.

We were supposed to have a team outing to see the Astros play tomorrow. They are waiting on 'news' to make any decisions. In other words, a mad scramble to adjust plans at the last minute.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Agreed Jason. That is what Steve alluded too about the discussions and advisories.....Jeff was right, it should have been called at the 2, but..it is what it is...
brooksgarner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

tireman4 wrote:Agreed Jason. That is what Steve alluded too about the discussions and advisories.....Jeff was right, it should have been called at the 2, but..it is what it is...
I also personally agree. If they "know" they'll declare it a T.S., they should. That'll allow employers to cancel work tomorrow, keeping those employees off the road.
Broadcast Met
http://BrooksGarner.com
http://twitter.com/BrooksWeather
  • '17 Harvey
  • '12 Sandy (P3 Orion)
  • '91 Bob
  • '85 Gloria
Portastorm

NHC just tweeted no advisories at 4 p.m. our time. Next aircraft in system at 8 p.m.
Last edited by Portastorm on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And Brooks, the way it is ramping up, it will be a low level Tropical Storm ( or was/is) by the 2, that will make Jeff's job easier to put out forecasts. Now this just makes it a headache...
  • Information