JANUARY 2018 - Seasonal WX Week/Pacific Front Saturday

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
christinac2016

Are we expected to get more?
Heat Miser
Location: FM 528 @ I45 border of League City, Webster, Friendswood

It's tiny, but it's definitely snow where I reside.
Belmer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Looks like most of the 'action' so to speak will be north of I-10 the next couple of hours as the heavy band of precipitation north of Columbus continues to move E/ENE. Dry slot to our SW and not much developing right now near Victoria, though should change as we head into the afternoon.
If you're north of I-10 from San Antonio to TX/LA border, some heavy sleet with a mixture of snow is on the way!
Blake
Boomer Sooner
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moderate sleet and light snow in NW Harris County again.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
singlemom

It's sleeting fairly hard here in Spring near 2920. It's also starting to collect and stick on my front patio pavers where it hasn't before.
tireman4
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Belmer wrote:Looks like most of the 'action' so to speak will be north of I-10 the next couple of hours as the heavy band of precipitation north of Columbus continues to move E/ENE. Dry slot to our SW and not much developing right now near Victoria, though should change as we head into the afternoon.
If you're north of I-10 from San Antonio to TX/LA border, some heavy sleet with a mixture of snow is on the way!
That is my thinking too. You, Srain and Andrew are doing a whale of a job as pro Mets helping us. Thanks
Katdaddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Getting moderate small sleet pellets mixed with small snow flurries in W League City.
singlemom

Correction: it's like a thunderstorm of sleet without the thunder. It's sleeting *hard* here in Spring.
jasons2k

Still mostly sleet here. It has picked-up again after a lull for a few hours. Temp down to 26F.

One thing to look out for - overnight lows tend to be a bit lower when there is snow/sleet on the ground.
jasons2k

Just in the last few minutes, I'm actually getting some freezing rain mixed-in with the sleet.
BlueJay

On this day last year, we were experiencing severe weather in the form of tornadoes in our area. Yikes! January 16th is getting a bad reputation for dangerous weather.
Cromagnum

Wife just said this is a joke and left to go run errands in Pearland. Couldn't convince her otherwise.
mckinne63

We have had a mixture of stuff of here in Stafford. Just had some sleet awhile ago. I urged a co worker who had decided to go into the office this morning to head on home. My car is icing over in the driveway and things are starting to ice over in the yard. We have a little bridge walk way that has been iced over since about 9am this morning when I went outside to do some extra coverage on the outside spigot. Glad I was walking slowly! something I don't usually do. :lol:

Many thanks to all the pro mets and folks posting here! Thanks to this forum I made the right decision this morning, well actually last night. :mrgreen:
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the latest 16Z HRRR solutions are correct, we have about 7-10 hours left before this mess moves off the Coast...of course that depends on where you live. We'll see some let up in an hour or two before the last wave moves in from the West it appears.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
ajurcat

Starting to sleet again here at Fairbanks N Houston. Presently at 27 and cars are iced over.
Huge thanks to all the mets here. Truly appreciated. Wish I could share the big pot of soup I made with all of you!
mckinne63

ajurcat wrote:Starting to sleet again here at Fairbanks N Houston. Presently at 27 and cars are iced over.
Huge thanks to all the mets here. Truly appreciated. Wish I could share the big pot of soup I made with all of you!
I made soup on Saturday, enjoying some leftovers. :D
snowman65

srainhoutx wrote:If the latest 16Z HRRR solutions are correct, we have about 7-10 hours left before this mess moves off the Coast...of course that depends on where you live. We'll see some let up in an hour or two before the last wave moves in from the West it appears.
That's what I thought. It could be 8-9pm before it clears through here....
TexasBreeze

Another batch around San Antonio appears to be building for later.
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heavy sleet with some snow mixed in now in NW Harris County. Sidewalks and surface roads are accumulating now. Driving is becoming very difficult if not down right dangerous now.

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
stormlover

Man seems like this stuff is building more and more to the west srain
  • Information