February 1-5, 2011 Arctic Blast/Winter Storm Discussion

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
perk

I think Heller need to be careful, you might not want to tick off the only newspaper in Houston. One day he's gonna slip up big time and he'll make the front page. :D
vci_guy2003

I like Tim Heller. If anything, the bashing should go toward the other TV weather people, i.e. Billingsley, Norman, Dr Siebert, Mario Gomez, and that new asian chick on Ch. 2 in the mornings, she's horrible. Those dudes screw up the forecast way more than Heller, that's a fact Jack!
TexasBreeze

He's a bit smug and confident, aint he? :mrgreen:
It can't be good to be so critical of others on there. Just report the weather and forecast and don't worry about others' reports! :) One thing confident though, it won't be 75 or 80 anytime soon. I'm ready for those temps!
perk

vci_guy2003 wrote:I like Tim Heller. If anything, the bashing should go toward the other TV weather people, i.e. Billingsley, Norman, Dr Siebert, Mario Gomez, and that new asian chick on Ch. 2 in the mornings, she's horrible. Those dudes screw up the forecast way more than Heller, that's a fact Jack!
Nobody's bashing Heller, i and others that read that blog is simply pointing out that he's a legend in his own mind.
vci_guy2003

Maybe a little bit, but the Chronicle deserves it. They put out irresponsible information about the weather sometimes.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

We do have the cold air.
Attachments
ca_temperature_i1_points.png
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
perk

vci_guy2003 wrote:Maybe a little bit, but the Chronicle deserves it. They put out irresponsible information about the weather sometimes.
I totally agree.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also want to see something funny: (brought to you by storm2k) :lol: ;)
Attachments
eta.totsnow192.gif
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
perk

Hey watch it, that looks good to me. :D
seanatsk

Wow Tim Heller. I agree the chronicle is a little bullish making such a profound statement (I didn't see the article) but Heller calm down. If anything pans out about this he'll have egg all over his face. I mean did he have to be as outlandish as the chron. If anything does come out I'm sure he'll just find a way to brush it over.

I for one hope he gets a big plate of crow!!!
biggerbyte

Dang! Pretty graphic.
wxman666

Andrew wrote:Also want to see something funny: (brought to you by storm2k) :lol: ;)
Not credible I take it? :lol:
Ready for severe weather season!!
unome

I seriously don't understand why everyone is bashing Heller ? This isn't professional or needed, I believe Dan would agree
perk

unome wrote:I seriously don't understand why everyone is bashing Heller ? This isn't professional or needed, I believe Dan would agree
Did you read Hellers blog, what he said was'nt professional neither.
Baseballdude2915

Heller does a pretty good job if i say so myself. Probably the best on air personality in Houston currently.
TexasBreeze

Uh oh this thread appears to be going south. Mods won't like it much more.
I think the 0z run suite will help this thread when it comes out! :)
nuby3

I have been waiting a long time for another significant winter weather event. I remember 93 very well. We were skating around on our neighborhood streets on our shoes. Downed trees blocked roads. It was amazing. There was so much ice on the grass that you had to shift your weight onto one foot or the other in order to get it to break. Although I was in middle school. (pretty small kid) I'm really hoping we get some heavy snow. One day it will happen again.
wxman666

TexasBreeze wrote:Uh oh this thread appears to be going south. Mods won't like it much more.
I think the 0z run suite will help this thread when it comes out! :)
Looking forward to the updates. Talking about a potential winter storm event is more exciting anyway. ;)
wxman666

nuby3 wrote:I have been waiting a long time for another significant winter weather event. I remember 93 very well. We were skating around on our neighborhood streets on our shoes. Downed trees blocked roads. It was amazing. There was so much ice on the grass that you had to shift your weight onto one foot or the other in order to get it to break. Although I was in middle school. (pretty small kid) I'm really hoping we get some heavy snow. One day it will happen again.
I remember when I lived in Dallas we had a major ice storm and all the pavement was covered. So much so that when I stepped onto our driveway, I fell and slid down the whole driveway on my butt, lol! :lol: Would love to have another storm like that.
sleetstorm

Okay, everyone, that will be enough. Every professional meteorologist makes errors now and then with their weather predictions and forecasts.
  • Information