August 2017: Looking Back at Harvey 5 Year Later

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

sambucol wrote:When will at least a watch go up? I know it's officially not a storm right now but we are getting very close to this affecting our area.
You should see watches go up today.
Watcher

Before it gets crazy busy on here, I just wanted to say thank you all for the hard work and dedication yall have given to this forum. I have been quietly lurking for many years and have learned so much. You are my go-to guys for any weather event!
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watcher wrote:Before it gets crazy busy on here, I just wanted to say thank you all for the hard work and dedication yall have given to this forum. I have been quietly lurking for many years and have learned so much. You are my go-to guys for any weather event!
Thank you for posting and being a longtime follower. There are many more just like you and it is our hope that everyone learns as much as possible to better prepare for whatever weather worries come our way.
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Member: National Weather Association
Facebook.com/Weather Infinity
Twitter @WeatherInfinity
texbosoxfan

Watcher wrote:Before it gets crazy busy on here, I just wanted to say thank you all for the hard work and dedication yall have given to this forum. I have been quietly lurking for many years and have learned so much. You are my go-to guys for any weather event!
Ditto here from a long time Follower.
Gloria / Bob / NoName--(The Perfect Storm) / Ike
mcheer23
Pro Met
Pro Met

texbosoxfan wrote:
Same here, I joined this forum as a middle schooler now I just graduated college with my met degree :)
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

mcheer23 wrote:
texbosoxfan wrote:
Same here, I joined this forum as a middle schooler now I just graduated college with my met degree :)
Added to the Pro Met Group. We have so many of our members that have grown up on this Weather Forum and we are very proud of your achievement. Congratulations!
Carla/Alicia/Jerry(In The Eye)/Michelle/Charley/Ivan/Dennis/Katrina/Rita/Wilma/Humberto/Ike/Harvey

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
ticka1

Did Recon find a closed low or is it still disorganized?
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

8:00 AM CDT Wednesday Update from Jeff:

Per USAF mission…NHC will begin advisories on Harvey at 1000am.

Tropical Storm, hurricane, storm surge watches will be issued for the TX coast today.

Will also be able to better indicate impacts across the area once NHC wind and surge grids are released from NHC

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
srainhoutx
Site Admin
Site Admin

First zoomed 1km Visible Imagery of Harvey this morning clearly show that we have a fairly well structured Tropical Cyclone brewing.
Attachments
08232017_1245Z_goes13_x_vis1km_high_09LHARVEY_30kts-1006mb-214N-925W_100pc.jpg

Twitter @WeatherInfinity
davidiowx

Cromagnum wrote:This model run...
https://m.imgur.com/cMFKiqz?r
Yea.... No thank you!
djmike

Looks like models shifted slightly back south. Maybe we wont get as hard of a hit of the rains?? :? What are you guys opinion of where this will come onshore? Further north? Middle coast? or south Texas? ...or even Mexico? Just curious. Starting to prepare here at work either way to be on the safe side. Thanks in advance.
Mike
Beaumont, TX
(IH-10 & College Street)
stormlover

those are bamms run lol they are horrible...
Cromagnum

South won't help us much. It would need to go way east to avoid the dirty side.
Rip76

My personal opinion is Middle Coast.

We'll see.
Texaspirate11

Even if its Matagorda, we'll be on the dirty side of this.
Just because you're disabled, you don't have to be a victim
Be Weather Aware & Prepared!
Barbara Jordan Winner in Media
Disability Integration Consultant
stormlover

its starting to get its act together!!
BlueJay

Ditto here from a long time Follower.[/quote]

Same here, I joined this forum as a middle schooler now I just graduated college with my met degree :)[/quote]
Added to the Pro Met Group. We have so many of our members that have grown up on this Weather Forum and we are very proud of your achievement. Congratulations![/quote]

I saw that "pro met" title by your name, mcheer!! Way cool! Congratulations to you!!
ccbluewater

Thank you to everyone for all of the great information!

I'm going to be heading to our place in Surfside to pull the boat out, and get some preparations done later today just in case the actual landfall keeps creeping up the coast, or it just slowly churns near the coasts and starts piling water up more than thought.

Rainfall totals have me concerned to the say the least as well.
TexasBreeze

The advisories on TD Harvey will begin at 10a -- from NHC website

http://Www.nhc.noaa.gov

It is not a ptc or remnants so there has been enough organization and a good enough circulation to classify.
Last edited by TexasBreeze on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Information