January Weather Discussion: Slight Chance Severe Storms

General Weather Discussions and Analysis
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

ejburas wrote:Either you will see him...or you won't, lol. I'm going to try to stay up for the Euro.

Yea I don't know what I was trying to say there. I have seen srain say he was "going to bed" only to post till 1am. So you never know with him. I will prob be staying up also.
For Your Infinite Source For All Things Weather Visit Our Facebook
ejburas

Oh yeah, I know what you mean. I usually just lurk around here, so I know some of the antics. :)
Baseballdude2915

In for the Euro.
wxman666

Andrew wrote:
ejburas wrote:Either you will see him...or you won't, lol. I'm going to try to stay up for the Euro.

Yea I don't know what I was trying to say there. I have seen srain say he was "going to bed" only to post till 1am. So you never know with him. I will prob be staying up also.
I thought I was heading to bed myself...I guess I'm more desperate for SPC's update than I thought...especially when running on a migraine...now that's COMMITMENT, LOL!!! :lol:
Ready for severe weather season!!
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxman666 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

I thought I was heading to bed myself...I guess I'm more desperate for SPC's update than I thought...especially when running on a migraine...now that's COMMITMENT, LOL!!! :lol:

You should see me during hurricane season. Some nights (if I didn't pull an all-nighter) I would go to sleep at 4 to wake up at 7. CMC looks impressive though.
wxman666

SPC Day 1 and 2 are out now. Where's day 3? Anybody know when that gets updated?
wxman666

Wait...it says 830z. Anybody have a zulu/GMT time translator to CST? :D
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxman666 wrote:Wait...it says 830z. Anybody have a zulu/GMT time translator to CST? :D

I would just google it at this point.
wxman666

Lol, I figured it out. SPC has the current time on their home page listed in GMT time so count ahead two hours then subtract six. Should be out about 3:30 AM Houston time. I doubt i'll wait up...then again like srain, I just may. :)
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some pics from storm2k showing the heights in canada:

Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Euro very nice :)

Showed 152H earlier. That is the highest I could see with the resolution. Higher resolution should be available later tonight but I don't know if I will stay up for that.
ejburas

So, I'm guessing things are looking colder again? I hope so, I'm ready for some really cold stuff.
Baseballdude2915

Euro looking good, waiting for the rest of the run. Definitely MUCH cooler than other runs.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baseballdude2915 wrote:Euro looking good, waiting for the rest of the run. Definitely MUCH cooler than other runs.

The other thing is the 12z Euro actually had snow for us also. I wonder if this one will provide the same thing or if the moisture will leave us.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Euro finished and at the end it looks like we could have another setup of cold weather. I am waiting for the high resolution of it on another site and will say what it shows (if I am still awake) but it looks better then the 12z so far.

Considering the 12z Euro run showed 2m temps in the mid to upper 20's this one should be mid to lower 20's
wxman666

Andrew wrote:
Baseballdude2915 wrote:Euro looking good, waiting for the rest of the run. Definitely MUCH cooler than other runs.

The other thing is the 12z Euro actually had snow for us also. I wonder if this one will provide the same thing or if the moisture will leave us.

Andrew, when you say "us" is that referring to the majority of Houston metro and its suburbs?
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea Houston was on the outskirts of the snow and then it went to the areas east of there. Not much but just enough.

Ok Higher Res is in lets see what is up.
wxman666

Andrew wrote:Yea Houston was on the outskirts of the snow and then it went to the areas east of there. Not much but just enough.
Oh very nice. That's what I like to hear. Perhaps Cypress/Cy-Fair will be just far enough on the northern outskirts to see some of that white stuff. Still, I'd at least give it until Friday before I felt decently confident.
Andrew
Site Admin
Site Admin

wxman666 wrote:
Andrew wrote:Yea Houston was on the outskirts of the snow and then it went to the areas east of there. Not much but just enough.
Oh very nice. That's what I like to hear. Perhaps Cypress/Cy-Fair will be just far enough on the northern outskirts to see some of that white stuff. Still, I'd at least give it until Friday before I felt decently confident.

Um I mean this is one model very far out I wouldn't put much confidence in it for precip.
vci_guy2003

Are we talking about a Sunday winter precip event ? Tim heller says that all precip this weekend will be rain. Then he said a lot could change.. Wondering what models he may have been looking at to make the all rain conclusion ..
  • Information